• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Your Favorite Musical

Demonbeck

Reaction score
We need to teach Rico a bit about musicals. I mean, seriously, Little Shop and the Technicolor Dreamcoat? That's so fucking bush league, dude. Man up and watch some Grease, or Carousel or something.

Post your fave for Rico's sake.

I really enjoyed Avenue Q and In the Heights.

Haven't seen a production, but West Side Story and South Pacific are great.

The Sound of Music, Willy Wonka, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Grease, The Wizard of Oz, Oliver!, Rocky Horror Picture Show

Willy Wonka counts? That's it.

Hedwig and the Angry Inch

Porgy and Bess

Rent

Sweeny Todd. I like dark humor. And the song A Little Priest is pretty risible.

Prolly 2nd favorite is 1776. I saw a production here at UVA a couple of years ago. Knew it was written around our 200th anniversary and just assumed it sugar coated the issues of the day, but it really was pretty darn historically accurate.

I generally hate musicals, but my wife loves them so I have consumed quite a few. The only two that I actually got some enjoyment from were Les Mis and Newsies. Good stories and songs in both of those.

Phantom of the Opera. Always liked The Sound of Music, too. Many years ago my wife and I did the Sound of Music tour in and around Salzburg. We almost didn't take it because of the overly touristy nature, but it was really cool.

Phantom of the Opera. Always liked The Sound of Music, too. Many years ago my wife and I did the Sound of Music tour in and around Salzburg. We almost didn't take it because of the overly touristy nature, but it was really cool.

I did this tour when I was in Austria in 2002. Beautiful area, and Salzburg has some really neat local sites. The castle and Mozart birthplace was very interesting as well.

Back