• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Postseason next year

Where will we end up?

• We will comfortably make the NCAAs (top 6 seed)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OldGoldBeard

A Sorry WR Like Crabtree
Reaction score
Assuming Buzzy Boy is back next year (and he will be), which of the above is most likely? (Poll coming)

Shit, losing CJ Harris is going to kill us. CMM is not ready to fil those shoes.

We are going to suck balls. At least Bz will be fired after next year.

Until then continue with the gallows humor. This place is a riot when we suck.

If Travis comes back, the NIT is a legitimate possibility, but if I've learned anything during the [Redacted] era, its the importance (for my sanity) of keeping expectations low. So I voted 'no postseason'

So only 3 years for a NCAAT coach in Dino, but for some reason it should be required to give Jeffrey 4?

Nobody to replace CJ's scoring. I think we'll play better D, but we will struggle offensively.

I think to make the NIT we will need to be way better than we currently are. Take away CJ and I don't see how we're going to be way better. Yes, the freshmen will improve. But will they improve enough to make up for the loss of CJ? I'm skeptical. I think we're going to be at the same place next year- maybe slightly better.

There is no reason to expect that we will be significantly better next year, and the ACC will be. Overton plus progression for the freshmen minus CJ does not equal heightened expectations (not counting on McClinton for next year at this point after the second ACL). Our competition will be stronger overall.

At the risk of a broken record, we will not return to competitive relevance until we recruit one or two very good bigs. If and when that occurs, we will have the potential to be good again. At this point, it is more important to secure a big than to kick Bz to the curb. Battle is continuing to do his job to get guards and wings. Bz and Bean MUST get one or two bigs. If they dont do it, we wont win. If he does everything else right, but doesnt do that, we wont win. A complex situation can be boiled down to something as simple as that.

Last edited:
Where is the offense going to come from? No postseason for me.

We still don't have anybody that can consistently score, and without CJ, that just gets worse. No postseason.

Battle is continuing to do his job to get guards and wings. Bz and Beam MUST get one or two bigs. If they dont do it, we wont win.

So, it's not that Buzz prefers a team of all guards and wings, it's just that he's put himself in charge of recruiting big men. That explains EVERYTHING. So much fail all around.

I'm afraid next year could be a step back from this season particularly on offense. Our offense is scary bad when CJ has an off night, and I don't see how we replace his offensive role next year. I don't see anyone who will be ready to consistently step into the scoring two-guard role that our current "offensive scheme" requires to even look decent.

Imagine what our offense looks like if Travis decides he has had enough.

We might be CBI eligible. Don't they take teams with losing records? If not then, my vote is heavens no.

Last night was a preview of next year with CJ being non-relevent.

I'm afraid next year could be a step back from this season particularly on offense. Our offense is scary bad when CJ has an off night, and I don't see how we replace his offensive role next year. I don't see anyone who will be ready to consistently step into the scoring two-guard role that our current "offensive scheme" requires to even look decent.

^^^THIS^^^ I can't believe 20 people picked us to be an NIT team next year.

I think we will be marginally better. About equal on offense, a tad better on defense. This will not get us into the NCAAT and probably not the NIT (I voted CBI). [Redacted] will be fired without a NCAAT appearance in year 4.

Back