• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tyler Cavanaugh's Postcards from the ACC

"The interesting thing was at that stadium, the visiting locker room is on the third floor. You gotta use an elevator to get down to the court and then take back up there again when it’s time to talk. It was a large elevator so you could fit pretty much the whole team."

Clemson...YOU WOULD.

From VT:

I was very excited to have a chance to win the game with a one foot, easy put back. I had practiced those shots a thousand times with Coach [Redacted] cheering me on.. Unfortunately I airballed the one foot shot with my pre pubescent arms. Oh well... Coach always tells me, 'don't worry, winning isn't important.'

From VT:

I was very excited to have a chance to win the game with a one foot, easy put back. I had practiced those shots a thousand times with Coach [Redacted] cheering me on.. Unfortunately I airballed the one foot shot with my pre pubescent arms. Oh well... Coach always tells me, 'don't worry, winning isn't important.'

I just cannot imagine Coach K or any other successful coach saying that... No wonder Buzz teams lose.

I just cannot imagine Coach K or any other successful coach saying that... No wonder Buzz teams lose.

MACdeac made up that post, though I will admit I would have believed it without the reference to pre-pubescent arms.

From VT:

This could be Buzz's credo. He certainly coaches like he believes it.

At least Cav didn't shy away from his terrible shooting performance.

"Well, it was awful. We couldn’t make a shot. Me personally it was the worst shooting game I’ve had. I was 1-for-12 and couldn’t get anything to fall. They had some good shot-blockers, but I missed some wide-open jumpers that I would usually make."

And it does not sound like his confidence was shaken, which we saw at VT (until the last missed tip).

And it does not sound like his confidence was shaken, which we saw at VT (until the last missed tip).

So, you're saying that it was temporarily shaken, then unshaken, but then returned to being shaken?

:confused:

I bet that 4 hour bus ride back from clemson was really fun.

@UNCG
Coach said we need to get some experience in the Greensboro Coliseum prior to the ACC Tournament. I asked him what record we needed to qualify and he said everyone qualifies, so I was really stoked about that. I made a joke to [Redacted] that we would go undefeated in Greensboro Coliseum this year. He responded, "Tyler we have a very strict drug policy at WFU."

@VT
Cassell Coliseum is a neat old building with a lot of character. I asked [Redacted] when it was built. He responded, "I don't know. Ask them."

@Clemson
The interesting thing was at that stadium, the visiting locker room is on the third floor. You gotta use an elevator to get down to the court and then take back up there again when it’s time to talk. It was a large elevator so you could fit pretty much the whole team.

At halftime [Redacted] was doing an interview so the team went up without him. While we were waiting Childress yelled out, 'Be right back!' and he jetted to the elevator. He flipped the emergency switch on the elevator and ran back to give us a pep-talk. By the time the elevator was fixed there were only 5 minutes left so we all had to hurry back to the bench. We started the half on an 8-0 run.

Back