• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crowdtilt Campaign for #buzzout Shirts: 10% Complete, Link in Post #1

RedSoxFaithful

a vicar in a tutu
Reaction score
LINK TO CROWDTILT PROJECT: https://www.crowdtilt.com/campaigns/raising-money-for-buzzout-stuff
CAMPAIGN COUNTDOWN: $161 pledged (10%)

This is a crowdsourcing project to get #buzzout t-shirts out to fans, students, and WF basketball game attendees. At its most simple: Pledge $10, and you get a shirt. The shirt designs are posted later on in this message, but they're simple #buzzout / www.firejeffbzdelik.com t-shirts. They're nothing special, but then they don't need to be. This project is located on Crowdtilt, because it's a cool site run by a Wake Forest grad and board lurker. I also attempted to get this project started at Kickstarter, but Kickstarter is apparently #buzzin, and they shot me down.

Here were my contribution levels for the rejected Kickstarter project, which I am more than happy to still honor if you contribute a certain amount and let me know:
Pledge $10 or more: One #buzzout t-shirt! This classy white men's t-shirt has a simple black "#buzzout" across the chest on front. On the back, it says "Wake Deserves Better" above "www.firebz.com". Wearing this shirt will let everybody know how you feel about the Wake Forest basketball program, PLUS it'll probably make some people aware that Wake Forest has a basketball program? It's a win-win!

Pledge $16 or more: Two #buzzout t-shirts! Just like the $10 level, but there's two of them. So that if you have a friend with OPINIONS ABOUT JEFF [Redacted], you can maybe let them express those opinions in t-shirt form. Plus, it is cold during basketball season and you would probably be warmer if you wore two of these t-shirts, one over the other. Some people might want to do that???

Pledge $21 or more: Three #buzzout t-shirts! You get three. I don't know why you'd want or need three, but you can get them. And it's cheaper per shirt than either one or two! Maybe you're a dude who doesn't like to do laundry, but you only wear classy shirts. This will give you, like, three extra shirts per laundry cycle. So there's that. Shirts!

Pledge $42 or more: Seven #buzzout t-shirts. One for every day of the week. You do not need this. Please do not get this.

Pledge $50 or more (Limited (1 of 1 left)): My hand-sharpied #buzzout shirt. I don't know why you'd want it, and I don't think I've washed it since I wore it to the Furman game the other night, but I guess it's all yours if you give me some cash? I mean, you'd also get a new #buzzout t-shirt. So it's not just a random drawn-on t-shirt worn by some dude.

Here are images of the (admittedly simple, though effective) t-shirt designs:
73Nepc8%20Front.jpg
73Nepc8%20Back.jpg

If you have any questions you can't ask here, or you want to get in touch with me about helping in some other way, PM me. I've obviously attached my real name to this at this point and lost any shot at anonymity down the line, so what the hell, you can also email me at nate.ferria@gmail.com. #buzzout

Last edited:
So will these just be shipped to Winston for students/people to wear to games? I would definitely like one, and will contribute.

And yes, Crowdtilt is a great website, and was started by a Wake grad who is a board member or at least a lurker.

So will these just be shipped to Winston for students/people to wear to games? I would definitely like one, and will contribute.

And yes, Crowdtilt is a great website, and was started by a Wake grad who is a board member or at least a lurker.

They'll be shipped to whoever wants one, assuming that person is in the continental USA. I'll make that clearer in the project. $10 gets you a shirt. I'm hoping that we won't have 200 people each wanting 1 shirt, because ideally we'll have 50-75 leftover shirts to distribute to students or game attendees.

I have no experience in this area, but $2,000 for only 200 shirts sounds insanely high. Just looking at the first two websites I found on google for screenprinting and bulk white t-shirts, the cost came to $583 for 200 shirts (not including any shipping costs).

$303.96 for 12 dozen white t-shirts from http://www.theadairgroup.com
$280 to screenprint 200 shirts from http://www.cheapestees.com/screenprinting.html

I have a quote of $738 for 200 shirts, including shipping. Given that I'd have to ship both ways before even getting finished shirts in your scenario, I think the $738 makes more sense. I also need to ship them out myself to buyers, which looks to cost a little over $5.5/shirt per USPS. That puts us around $9/shirt. Any leftover cash will just go towards more shirts to distribute to students and at games.

The thing is, if we're saying that I only need to ship out around 125 shirts, and I'll have the other 75 to freely distribute, the cost goes down a lot. Then we're looking at around $1400. I can actually scale down the Tilt amount as donations come in to account for that, but note that that scenario only works if people contribute more than $10.

Last edited:
I have no experience in this area, but $2,000 for only 200 shirts sounds insanely high. Just looking at the first two websites I found on google for screenprinting and bulk white t-shirts, the cost came to $583 for 200 shirts (not including any shipping costs).

$303.96 for 12 dozen white t-shirts from http://www.theadairgroup.com
$280 to screenprint 200 shirts from http://www.cheapestees.com/screenprinting.html

Just looked into cheapestees, but I'm pretty sure you have to buy the blank shirts from them, and their prices for blank shirts aren't great (around $100-$150 more expensive than the cheapest place I found). Those screenprinting prices are also per side, so the designs that I posted would actually run around $1000 total when all is said and done. But again, the real cost here is going to be the shipping, and like I said, that'll be scaled down as we go.

Update: The tilt amount has already been scaled down to $1914. That'll continue to drop as people contribute (though it'll only drop given contributions of >$10, obviously I guess?). We've had $136 in pledges so far, which is a nice start and puts us about 8 t-shirts ahead in terms of surplus to give to students/fans.

Update: The tilt amount has already been scaled down to $1914. That'll continue to drop as people contribute (though it'll only drop given contributions of >$10, obviously I guess?). We've had $136 in pledges so far, which is a nice start and puts us about 8 t-shirts ahead in terms of surplus to give to students/fans.

I thought the website was firebz.com?

I know a Wake grad with a screenprinting (and more) business whom I'm sure will help you out. PM me if interested.

I'm going to make firejeffbzdelik.com point to the same place that firebz does, so it shouldn't really matter.

Is there any way to change it?-- firebz is just more concise.

Great work BTW.

I wonder if there would be a way to get this featured on the site or something (as James Beshara is a '09 WFU)...

I'm going to make firejeffbzdelik.com point to the same place that firebz does, so it shouldn't really matter.

I'll point something on FireBz.com wherever you want me to once you have everything set up...

If somebody would like to add $ to their donation & have a shirt sent this way, I'd certainly appreciate it and make sure it gets seen.

Oh, just to clarify... You are more than welcome to use www.FireBz.com in anyway that you'd like; and that goes for anyone that may be printing/distributing something else working towards the common goal.

Last edited:
I know a Wake grad with a screenprinting (and more) business whom I'm sure will help you out. PM me if interested.

Tried PMing you but your box is full. Definitely interested. The quote I have right now is $738 for 200 shirts, with shirts, screenprinting, and shipping included, and with a front and back print (all one color). If you could find out what he'd quote me for a similar package, it'd be a huge help.

Tried PMing you but your box is full. Definitely interested. The quote I have right now is $738 for 200 shirts, with shirts, screenprinting, and shipping included, and with a front and back print (all one color). If you could find out what he'd quote me for a similar package, it'd be a huge help.

Keep the '% pledged' number in the OP updated with your most recent/realistic quote.

Keep the '% pledged' number in the OP updated with your most recent/realistic quote.

Problem with that is the dynamic shipping costs. That's why I set a rough initial target of $2000 that I plan on lowering as we go.

Keep firejeffbzdelik.com. I doubt many people outside of this board would get firebz.com.

Back