• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

X games Caleb Moore dies...

ronin1409

Reaction score
Have we pushed this thing far enough? Edit: fuck the pushed things far enough.... what is it gonna take to entertain you masses?

Do the atlhetes really know what is at stake?

I, myself competed in several major snowboarding events and I quitted because I could not match what the youngsters were doing..

Last edited:
so sad!

the video of the crash honestly didnt even look like it hit him and people who were there said he got up and walked afterwards and they just thought it was a concussion. prayers for the family

The sled dropped on him after the hit...
Didn't know Caleb myself but a lot of my friends are in shock

Sad news. RIP.

Those guys are crazy, but at least he died from doing something he loved.

having budies die in avalanches and some others being paraplegic from motocross big air... yes I am asking that question.

And I've known folks to be seriously injured and die in race car crashes. I don't believe anyone competes in these "extreme" sports without knowing the potential consequences. On the contrary, I think far more people get in their cars to commute to work daily, sucking down a drink, doing their makeup and texting without considering the potentially deadly consequences at all. The folks pushing the limits are taking far more calculated risks.

ESPN's statement is sickening. They could have waited at least until his body was cold until they started deflecting blame.

i agree with this... more people die in drunk snowmobile accidents than the x gamers... but.. when is it gonna plateau???

I am a certified snow ski instructor, and I truly believe that aerials and related events are insane. However, you could never talk any of those dudes out of competition. They love it.

I am a certified snow ski instructor, and I truly believe that aerials and related events are insane. However, you could never talk any of those dudes out of competition. They love it.

Seriously, blaming x games or tv or people who watch is pretty dumb. I hate this happened, but that shit is dangerous, and nobody made him do it.

It's all good when you're facing the clock.. that's what racing is all about.. but when it is a judged competition... you gotta do better than the other guy... and that's why this shit is escalating like it has.. c'mon, 2 backflips with some super man shit into it is not enough?

Seriously, blaming x games or tv or people who watch is pretty dumb. I hate this happened, but that shit is dangerous, and nobody made him do it.

nah, it's the first time I think there is a death at the x games... and I'm not gonna stop watching because of what happened to Cab but.. you trying pushing those insane tricks and sonner or later, something is going to wrong.

My 2 cents

It's all good when you're facing the clock.. that's what racing is all about.. but when it is a judged competition... you gotta do better than the other guy... and that's why this shit is escalating like it has.. c'mon, 2 backflips with some super man shit into it is not enough?

I'm not sure I understand the difference between timed vs judged when it comes to pushing the limit. Limits are being pushed to the extreme in both cases. Slight mistakes, miscalculations, or machinery failures can have extremely bad consequences.

Didn't a Luger die at the last Winter Olympics?

nah, it's the first time I think there is a death at the x games... and I'm not gonna stop watching because of what happened to Cab but.. you trying pushing those insane tricks and sonner or later, something is going to wrong.

All things considered, a single death actually makes things seem rather safe.

I'm not sure I understand the difference between timed vs judged when it comes to pushing the limit. Limits are being pushed to the extreme in both cases. Slight mistakes, miscalculations, or machinery failures can have extremely bad consequences.

What I meant is: the best time win at the end right?

Not in snowboard or freestyle things like motocross, snowmobiles etc..
You have one guy who can pull of that specific move... you better learn it or try to surpass it somehow.

That's why I think it's not just pushing others to great things, but also pushing others to take up challenges that they are not ready to master....

Might not have stated that in a comprensible manner

Back