• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson Is Intense But Funny Also

ACCOffice

Reaction score
Kinal, who holds the ACC career record with 297 punts and 12,383 punting yards, is only 25 punts shy of the NCAA record set by Nick Harris of California from 1997 to 2000. Kinal said it’s a record he never thinks about.
“I said early in the season I’d rather sit on the sideline and watch our offense score points,’’ Kinal said. “But I’ll do what I have to do. Whether it’s 25 times or 40 more times I get called on, I’ll go out there and I’ll do what I have to do.’’
Clawson said the record would be one the program could just as soon do without.
“I’m not going to be getting up and bragging about that one, ‘If you come to Wake Forest you’ll punt more than anyone in the country.’” Clawson said. “I hope he doesn’t break the record.’’

Kinal, who holds the ACC career record with 297 punts and 12,383 punting yards, is only 25 punts shy of the NCAA record set by Nick Harris of California from 1997 to 2000. Kinal said it’s a record he never thinks about.
“I said early in the season I’d rather sit on the sideline and watch our offense score points,’’ Kinal said. “But I’ll do what I have to do. Whether it’s 25 times or 40 more times I get called on, I’ll go out there and I’ll do what I have to do.’’
Clawson said the record would be one the program could just as soon do without.
“I’m not going to be getting up and bragging about that one, ‘If you come to Wake Forest you’ll punt more than anyone in the country.’” Clawson said. “I hope he doesn’t break the record.’’

They were talking about Kinal on the coaches show last night and Clawson was commenting on how good Kinal is and the different kicks he can make. He mentioned the low rugby kick, he said " the one where he hits it and the whole stadium starts booing because they think he mis-hit it and it ends up rolling out to 50+ yards. Yeah, that's on purpose folks."

I hate to say it, but if he has 2-3 winning seasons here. I think he will be a very hot commodity. He would be winning on the field and winning the press conference. Schools like that.

If he wins the ACC championship, Wake should pay him whatever he wants and name the stadium after him.

What did he say that was funny?

I would like to think we learned our lesson about that sort of thing. Pay him what he wants but keep the length of contract reasonable.

I hate to say it, but if he has 2-3 winning seasons here. I think he will be a very hot commodity. He would be winning on the field and winning the press conference. Schools like that.

No doubt, it would tough to keep him, but any successful coach we have is going to get a lot of other opportunities. Grobe had his share, Clawson at his age would have even more.

I agree about the length of contract. And the part about naming the stadium for him was a bit of hyperbole. Just change the name of W-S to Clawsonville.

I agree about the length of contract. And the part about naming the stadium for him was a bit of hyperbole. Just change the name of W-S to Clawsonville.

I don't know that's too close to Kryscrewski-ville in Durham. Maybe Clawsontown or something.

I would love for that to be a problem we have, because our current problem is six straight losing seasons.

I didn't hear the interview, but I could see Clawson saying that with absolutely no intention of being funny. Especially after Colbert commentary.

Back