• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thoughts on the game

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
It's going to be a long season because of our lack of size.

Howver, tonight's game did have some positives. We move the ball much better than we have in a couple of years. People are willing to make the extra pass. This is going to be good to build on for the team.

We can hit some shots but need to slash a bit more.

I think we had about 20 assists to about 10 TOs. That was good.

It was hard to determine the defensive intensity versus this team.

During the draught, they didn't hang their heads. This is also good.

We need to get Travis the ball while he's in motion more often.

The players have improved, are more willing to share the ball and seem to be having more fun.

We're making baby steps, but at least we are making them.

This team will be fun to watch!! After last year, that's good enough for me.

We actually had an offense where we didn't just stand still passing the ball around. I'm still confused by our under-use of Carson. Fields and Fischer are way fun to watch.

Heck we are 3 - 0 and only won 8 last year. I would say we are better. This team is much more fun to watch and they are a likeable group of kids, which was not the case last year. They play as a team.

I would not hang my head during a draught either, assuming it's of the liquid persuasion. If it's some backdoor British-style military draught, then fuck that.

It's going to be a long season because of our lack of size.

Howver, tonight's game did have some positives. We move the ball much better than we have in a couple of years. People are willing to make the extra pass. This is going to be good to build on for the team.

We can hit some shots but need to slash a bit more.

I think we had about 20 assists to about 10 TOs. That was good.

It was hard to determine the defensive intensity versus this team.

We need to get Travis the ball while he's in motion more often.

The players have improved, are more willing to share the ball and seem to be having more fun.

We're making baby steps, but at least we are making them.

Our ball movement is the most improved facet IMO. We went through a 4 min stretch in the 1st half where we reverted back to last year's "stand around and look at the guy with the ball" strategy, but other than that we have had very good movement. Our guys seem to be much better at making the good pass off of movement as well.

I like what I see...I know we are going to lose our fair share of games but they are giving me reason for hope. That is not something I thought was possible last year.

#BUZZWAITANDSEE

Went to the game. You have to be encouraged by what you saw. Our halfcourt offense was very fluid, every screen, pick, cut, and pass had a purpose. Spacing was excellent and shots came in rhythym, one reason we made so many.

23 assists on 34 baskets is outstanding. 10 turnovers on 70 possessions, outstanding. 23 assists to 10 turns, outstanding, pts. per possession, 1.33 also outstanding.

What I saw tonight bodes well for the future because this type of offensive structure can win you championships. Get the talent needed to compete in the ACC and we'll be challenging the Dukes and the Carolinas again, as we should be.

We'll take our lumps this year because we just don't have the size to compete but next year's class is going to be the foundation that our return to respectability is built on.

I think the team we played was the most talented team we have played this sesaon. I like what I saw from the offense, but on defense we have got to limit the second chance points. I know we don't have all the size in the world, but that should make you box out more. ACC opponents will kill us if we give them more than one oppurtunity per possesion

Officials: Tim Nestor, Dwayne Gladden, Tim Ebersole
Technical fouls: NC Central-None. Wake Forest-None.
Attendance: 6901
Score by Periods 1st 2nd Total
NC Central.................... 35 44 - 79
Wake Forest................... 35 58 - 93

you've gotta be kidding me

Officials: Tim Nestor, Dwayne Gladden, Tim Ebersole
Technical fouls: NC Central-None. Wake Forest-None.
Attendance: 1901
Score by Periods 1st 2nd Total
NC Central.................... 35 44 - 79
Wake Forest................... 35 58 - 93

you've gotta be kidding me

Corrected. There couldn't have been more than 2000 people there. Pretty pathetic but its to be expected after last season.

"We took good shots - shots we've practiced; open shots," [Redacted] said. "We practice those kinds of shots. Of course, offense is a variable, and sometimes you can get open shots and not make them, but when you're taking shots you practice that are open because we're moving the basketball, there's a better chance of it going in."

This was the first game I've watched, but should we expect our 3-point shooting to be good all year (I know today was unusually good). If you cut down our percentage from last night to about 40%, it's a much closer game.

Heck we are 3 - 0 and only won 8 last year. I would say we are better. This team is much more fun to watch and they are a likeable group of kids, which was not the case last year. They play as a team.

If we win the type games we've won so far, it will be a better year. Hopefully we're at least back to beating the so-called "cupcakes" on our schedule.

This was the first game I've watched, but should we expect our 3-point shooting to be good all year (I know today was unusually good). If you cut down our percentage from last night to about 40%, it's a much closer game.

And if your mom had balls she'd be your.......

"We took good shots - shots we've practiced; open shots," [Redacted] said. "We practice those kinds of shots. Of course, offense is a variable, and sometimes you can get open shots and not make them, but when you're taking shots you practice that are open because we're moving the basketball, there's a better chance of it going in."

There are things we know, and things we know we don't know, and there are things we don't know we don't know.

Went to the game. You have to be encouraged by what you saw. Our halfcourt offense was very fluid, every screen, pick, cut, and pass had a purpose. Spacing was excellent and shots came in rhythym, one reason we made so many.

23 assists on 34 baskets is outstanding. 10 turnovers on 70 possessions, outstanding. 23 assists to 10 turns, outstanding, pts. per possession, 1.33 also outstanding.

What I saw tonight bodes well for the future because this type of offensive structure can win you championships. Get the talent needed to compete in the ACC and we'll be challenging the Dukes and the Carolinas again, as we should be.

We'll take our lumps this year because we just don't have the size to compete but next year's class is going to be the foundation that our return to respectability is built on.

Good post. I think this has to be the level-headed view of the state of the program.

Agree with the OP. Glad we came out on fire in the 2nd half. Ball movement and shot selection were so much better than last year.

Hoping we can keep building and get some respectable wins this year.

Go Deacs!

It was nice (and a bit shocking admittedly) to see good half time adjustments and in game tweaking during the second half. Ball and player movement was the best that a Wake team has shown in a very long time.

It was nice (and a bit shocking admittedly) to see good half time adjustments and in game tweaking during the second half. Ball and player movement was the best that a Wake team has shown in a very long time.

One of the first games I thought [Redacted] actually added something.

Back