• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thoughts on the game

Even when execution was lacking, I saw effort, and that's an improvement. In our 3 games, we've actually gotten a lead, seen it shrink (or vanish), and kept our heads in the game. I feel like last year's team wilted under similar circumstances.

One of the first games I thought [Redacted] actually added something.

What you saw last night was the cumulative effect of what he's attempting to bring to the program. Problem was, there was no offensive structure under Dino, and apparently not much in the way of behavior off the court, so many of our players didn't know how to respond last year to having to play the right way.

The hot dogs, showboats, and head cases have weeded themselves out, and now our guys can get down to seriously learning how to play correctly. I understand why Bz says he had to spend 90% of his time on 10% of the people last year. Certain guys wouldn't buy in, he kept trying to convince them to do it, but they refused. I've seen similar things in the business world. Eventually, the returns diminish so badly you have to let people go.

As much as anything I'm excited about the fact that we won't look like a clueless team in the halfcourt. That has driven me crazy for years. Last night at least gives a glimmer of hope that he can get this thing turned around if given some time to do it, and if recruiting works out.

BTW, you can tell Chase is really a gym rat, perfect description for him. Very heady player, more athletic than you think, could turn out to be a really solid four year contributor.

Last edited:
Back