• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ohio State Football NCAA Sanctions

JGDeac

Reaction score
Twitter is saying one-year bowl ban. Formal announcement to be released soon. If true, would not portend well for UNC.

OSU got nailed for the cover-up. Wouldn't have been nearly as severe without that.

Tressel got the "show cause" hammer dropped on him.

UNC's situation is/was uglier than tOSU's.

Really? I guess I missed the evidence -- direct or otherwise -- showing or even suggesting our head coach actively covered up violations and failed to notify the NCAA of said violations.

One year postseason ban, 9 scholarships over 3 years and 3 years of probation look to be the total penalty for the O$U.

Comments from Meyer before today made it sound like he was not expecting postseason ban.

Really? I guess I missed the evidence -- direct or otherwise -- showing or even suggesting our head coach actively covered up violations and failed to notify the NCAA of said violations.

The NCAA has more charges they can levy than just a cover-up by the head coach. Research the UNC case and you will find about ten examples of said charges.

Many academic sanctions to go along with improper benefits. Butch def knew.

Many academic sanctions to go along with improper benefits. Butch def knew.

Tarheel fans must either admit Butch knew or admit Butch is one of the dumbest people to ever walk the face of the earth. Those are really the only 2 realistic possibilities.

Tarheel fans must either admit Butch knew or admit Butch is one of the dumbest people to ever walk the face of the earth. Those are really the only 2 realistic possibilities.

I've never understood the JCD'ing of a coach that was mediocre at best during his tenure at UNC.

I'm not defending Butch... I was never a huge fan, but you still cannot rebut the fact that there is no evidence Butch ever knew, and certainly none that he covered anything up. I'm happy he's gone, to be honest with you... and am very much looking forward to Fedora and his new DC (Vic Koenning) taking the reins.

I missed the part where OSU employed an agent as an Assistant Head Coach and Lead Recruiter. And the part where kids where rubber stamped through an entire academic department that also hired another agent to teach summer classes. Or the part where players were taking $$ and trips from agents and flaunting it all over Twitter/Facebook. Or the part where an agent and past player, who was kicked off the team, was given the keys to the weight room and was taking players on trips across the country. Or the part where tutors were removed from the UNC staff for being too close to players, but were still being paid by a head coach while still doing work for his football players. Or the part...

Racer -- first of all, you've forgotten the NCAA's assistant-coach exception. Where asst coach hid the fraud/etc. from superiors and there's no evidence superiors knew... no punishment for that alone. Secondly... in all the allegations, there was never a cover-up like there was with OSU. The NCAA always comes down harder on cover-ups than they do actual violations.

We'll just have to wait another month... and we'll see what the NCAA has to say re UNC.

"No Bowl for You"

Fans-upset-that-Small-is-not-starting.jpg
images

Back