• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Predictions on MCB?

CadaverDawg

Reaction score
As a Bulldog fan, I was curious to see what your board is predicting for the game tomorrow night. You may have already had a thread like this, but I didn't see one.

I think the game will be pretty close at the half, but I feel like (and am hoping) that we wear you guys down in the second half. I think we add 2 late scores, maybe one on a pick 6 to make it look worse than it really is. Your passing game scares me...we will have to control the ball on the ground in order to win.

I am bias and my prediction will show it, but I hope for a good game and a Bulldog win.

My prediction... MSU 41 Wake 20

I have no idea who will win, but it won't be a 21-point game. Always take the underdog in a Wake Forest football game.

I have no idea who will win, but it won't be a 21-point game. Always take the underdog in a Wake Forest football game.

I really expected more people commenting on this. I know you guys traditionally are a basketball school, but does anyone care about the game tomorrow?

And BTW, I think you're wrong. If Vandy can beat you guys like they did, then it's definitely within the realm of possibility that we can beat you guys by 21 or more. Not saying we will, but to say "it won't be a 21-point game" is a little bit of a ridiculous statement coming off of a loss like that to Vandy.

Oh well, good luck to you guys... Hopefully you guys can make the NCAA tournament and we can meet again....we should be there too.

haha I love how MSU keeps talking about the Vandy game.

I think MSU will win, but no fucking way they win by 3 tds.

MSU 38
Wake 34

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Tanner win the game for us on a last minute drive though.

27, if they had lost to Duke like we lost to Vandy we'd be talking about it. They don't have any other frame of reference and that game is part of the reason there isn't much discussion about the game.

Why the high numbers? I think our defense is gonna have to come through to win this one, and Tanner is going to have to be on his game.

I'm saying neither team goes above 21, and it'll be by a field goal. But I don't know who will win. Its a VERY close game unless the team we played against Vandy shows up. I don't think that will happen though. The vandy game was relatively pointless. The players are a hell of a lot more pumped up this time.

(Yeah we lost to Vandy. We also beat FSU, should have beaten Clemson, Notre Dame, and several other teams... blame the inconsistency of the ACC)

42-3 WFU for the cocky prick dog fan. Lets see Arkansas beat the crap out of you guys Vandy almost and should have beaten them. And Vandy is no Duke this year.

28-17 WFU realistic pick

It all comes down to the simple fact, will the Grobe/Lobo show let this dynamic offense be dynamic? Or will we see several 3 and outs, where Price and Givens don't hook up/or even look down the field.
I have hopes, that Price will be unleashed just like original #11 - MacPherson vs Oregon in 2002.

Last edited:
I just wanted to go on record that I've never met a Mississippi St fan.:thumbsup:

Ph is dead on. The game against Vandy may not have "meant" anything but to everyone else it looked awful. I have no idea how we will play. We were inconsistent most of the year sadly. If I had to guess I think we lose a close one after leading and it's another game we say we "should" have won this season.

I'll take overreactions to one game for a 1000 Alex

We did beat #20 FSU and should have beaten a top-10 Clemson. Funny that MSU forgets those games. Definitely not a top-25 team but far from awful as well.

I think some of the quotes (a lot from Twitter) coming from the MSU team will light a fire under the teams' collective asses. I see Wake coming out strong, being up by 14 most of the game, only to let them come back in the second half and winning it on a last second field goal.

31-21 Mississippi State. It's going to basically be a home game for them and Nashville is begging for an SEC team to win this game.

If this is really Givens' last game as a Deac, then let's let him loose and let him have fun.
With MSU's questionable secondary, I can see Chris having a huge game.

Never underestimate the Deacs

Wake by 6

Back