• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Predictions on MCB?

The Vandy game was part of our grand plan to ensure another SEC team would radically underestimate us. The plan will work to perfection. Wake 28-21.

This one made me laugh:

By Matt Zemek
This feels like an even matchup. Mississippi State is not fast, and Wake Forest doesn’t handle speed very well.

Good point by Dinich in her blog....Price has been on fire in the last few games, although Wake has lost....

Quarterback Tanner Price. There have been a lot of playmakers for the Deacs on both sides of the ball this season, but Price enters the bowl game on a hot streak. He needs only 103 yards to become the most prolific sophomore passer in school history, surpassing Riley Skinner, who had 4,255 yards in 2006-07. Despite the lackluster finish by the team, Price finished the regular season strong, with no interceptions and six touchdown passes in 127 attempts.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/...6-6?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I'll say Wake Forest 17-16. They still get a defensive td, but we hold their horrible offense to 3 FGs, and tanner leads a game winning drive.

Hope Newman is ready to play tonight. Could be the difference.

We'll have Rebel Nation behind us tonight. I know they can't stand those cowbells. Though it is at least an effective and unique identifier for their fanbase.

The Vandy game planted a lot of doubts in my mind regarding our team. We are going to be manhandled by both opposing lines. I think we must score first and get out in front by a couple TDs forcing Miss. State to throw the ball. I don't think that we will be able to sustain long ball control drives; but they will. Our best hope is to strike quick by a mix of short slant routes and deep side line routes.

My only point of confidence is that Grobe does a great job of preparing for bowl games.

GO DEACS

Deacs win, 23-16

Thanks guys, I was just trying to stir up a little pre game chatter, but cocky prick is not the worst I've been called. I think it will be a good game. Here's to a good time in Nashville, and an ass whipping of Wake Forest!

GO DAWGS!

Dawgs by 21

"CadaverDawg" will hopefully prove to be the perfect moniker.

The Vandy game showed how capable we are of playing very poorly. However, Grobe generally gets his boys prepared for bowl games. What was evident in the Vandy game will probably not be evident tonight.

I think MSU will win because, as the OP said, we will wear down. I'm thinking 31-20.

Thanks guys, I was just trying to stir up a little pre game chatter, but cocky prick is not the worst I've been called. I think it will be a good game. Here's to a good time in Nashville, and an ass whipping of Wake Forest!

GO DAWGS!

Dawgs by 21

Lol. Realistically, I say 30-27, deacs on a last second FG

It just depends on which Deacon team shows up. The one that beat FSU and gave ND and Clemson all they could handle or the chumps that stunk up Groves on the last day of the regular season. I think Grobe can get the troops up for this game. It would be huge for next season to close on a good note, not a sour note like the Vandy game. Lets hope the guys play like their hair is on fire and take a win back to Winston.

The Vandy game showed how capable we are of playing very poorly. However, Grobe generally gets his boys prepared for bowl games. What was evident in the Vandy game will probably not be evident tonight.

I think MSU will win because, as the OP said, we will wear down. I'm thinking 31-20.

This + we don't make any second half adjustments.

I predict the geniuses at ESPN will show our game not at 6:40 pm, but I will go with 7:15 pm after the Rutgers game...then...

WE WIN:

Deacs: 30
Hot Mississippi women: 24

My wife went to state. I've seen every game each team has played. Wake is better. State will have to turn it into an ugly physical game to win. If both teams play their best, wake wins.

Back