• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New football assistant - Jonathan Himebauch

EqDeac

Reaction score
East Dorset, VT/ West Palm Beach, FL/ Upperville,
http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=385401

One month after signing on as offensive co-ordinator with the Toronto Argonauts, Jonathan Himebauch is leaving to pursue another opportunity.

Himebauch, who played one season with the Argonauts in 1999, has decided to take a coaching position at Wake Forest.

For the past three seasons, he was the offensive line coach with the Montreal Alouettes, where current Argonauts head coach Scott Milanovich was the offensive co-ordinator.

"When we signed Jonathan, we allowed him a window to pursue collegiate jobs," said Milanovich in a statement. "Jonathan found a lucrative position with potential for growth and we wish him continued success. Knowing this was a possibility, we have been working on an alternate plan and expect to have more announcements shortly."

He began his CFL coaching career in 2003 as the offensive line coach with the Calgary Stampeders.

Last edited by a moderator:
OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR!?!?! OFFENSIVE LINE COACH!?!?!

ETA: I guess he hasn't actually been an OC for any part of an actual season. Still, a possible step in the right direction, though.

Last edited:
Interesting... a guy who has done O-Line work his whole career. Might be nice, unless we move him to WRs.

This is great! We'll never get rid of Lobo until Grobe retires so doing something like this is the next best thing.

Somebody post that praying please please please emoticon for me as im posting from my phone.

Animated_angel_emoticon_praying_hg_wht.gif

Big enough for you?

Last edited by a moderator:

From this story:

Coach Himebauch holds clinics and individual training sessions that will focus on the techniques and training methods that push the envelope to create a style of play that will enable players to perform at a high level while reacting to opponents and giving them the ability to use their technique and relax and play.
Proper body positioning, linear strikes and defense/adaptation are the core beliefs that are incorporated into the clinics. At a clinic, players will be able to train with a style of offensive line basics and fundamentals that can be combined with the martial arts concepts that will give participants the advantage over the competition.

I like it. A young energetic guy, who played at a big time program who is big into martial arts. He will fit in well with Grobe's tendency to go after guys who also wrestled in high school.

Hmm, so is he actually becoming our O-line coach, because that would be neat.

Lets hope he is a great recruiter as well, that would be a welcome addition too, eh!

The guy was clearly moving up the ranks of the professional coaching ladder (just made offensive coordinator in the CFL). He seems to excel in areas on the team that are lacking. Seems like a great fit. Welcome, Coach Himebauch!

Sounds like a great addition to the staff and I'm assuming he'll be the O line coach which will give us more focus where we need it.
He was a 2 yr starting center at S Cal and was captain his senior year, then played and coached in the pros and at college level. A lineman's lineman.
Welcome coach!

Outstanding hire! Welcome to Wake, Coach.

And kudos to Coach Grobe for recruiting such a good coach for the program.

Back