• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New football assistant - Jonathan Himebauch

Well I'm pretty excited about this.

The more I think about it, I'm pretty stoked with this hire. West Coast guy, OL experience, a new opinion and a breath of fresh air. The initial article made it sound like it was a significant pay increase for him and mentioned room for advancement.

Me too. And he likes The Black Keyes, John Wooden, and Modern Family, all positives.

Some highlights from the link above of his bio: Co-captain of the USC team as a senior and

Education
-Has a bachelor's degree in English from USC in 1998, and a master's degree in education from UNLV in 2002.
-Was honored for his achievements off the field at USC with the team's Howard Jones Alumni (highest cumulative GPA) and Bob Chandler (leadership and integrity) Awards.

any ideas as to why he would leave a job as offensive coordinator in a pro league 1 month after getting the job?

images

James Johnson might well approve.

http://coachhimebauch.com/jonathan_himebauch
Clinics

Coach Himebauch has worked with players at every level from the high school ranks to professional athletes to work on their craft. With the knowledge of Coach Himebauch from his career on the field and sidelines along with the Martial Arts concepts of David Kerr, they have developed a training system that will help create a progressive way to approach training for line play.

Coach Himebauch holds clinics and individual training sessions that will focus on the techniques and training methods that push the envelope to create a style of play that will enable players to perform at a high level while reacting to opponents and giving them the ability to use their technique and relax and play.

Proper body positioning, linear strikes and defense/adaptation are the core beliefs that are incorporated into the clinics. At a clinic, players will be able to train with a style of offensive line basics and fundamentals that can be combined with the martial arts concepts that will give participants the advantage over the competition.

If this guy can't improve our line play then nobody can...

Coach Jonathan Himebauch is entering his third season with the Back-to-Back CFL Champion Montreal Alouettes. In 2010 the Alouettes offense topped the CFL in a number of league statistics and Himebauch's Offensive Line gave up only 34 sacks in 718 passing attempts. The Alouettes averages 5.5 yards per rush this past season on their way to defending their crown as the top organization in the Canadian Football League. In 2009, the Alouettes’ offensive line allowed just 35 sacks on 633 attempts and helped the team score at least 600 points for a second-straight season and while amassing 390 yards of offense per game. The Alouettes led the CFL in rushing attempts with 392 and averaged 5.5 yards per carry in 2009, while guard Scott Flory won his second-straight CFL Most Outstanding Lineman award.

From 1993 piece in the LA Times:

Fathers and sons: Tight end coach David Robinson is the coach's son; linebacker Joe Barry is the son of offensive line coach Mike Barry; Nose tackle Jonathan Himebauch is the son of recruiting coordinator Jack Himebauch; fullback Taso Papadakis is the son of 1970s USC linebacker John Papadakis; defensive tackle Matt Butkus is the son of NFL Hall of Famer Dick Butkus; safety Brett Hayhoe is the son of 1960s USC lineman Bill Hayhoe, and tight end Tyler Cashman is the son of 1960s USC defensive back Pat Cashman.

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-08-14/sports/sp-23613_1_rose-bowl-game

Let's see how the players he will coach play before we give him the Broyles Award. :rolleyes:

Hope he has some Texas ties we need to replace those we lost in Billings. I like bringing young successful guys in because it seems kids today respond better to younger vs older coaches.

I like this a lot. Welcome aboard, Coach Himebauch.

Back