• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Does anyone have a copy of The Season?

GreenDeac

Reaction score
Or a link.... It was that ESPN special from '03 or so. I want to remind myself of a time when it was fun to watch Deacon bball.

I've been doing it the past two years. I have one episode on DVD and I watch that with some other DVD's that Drew Markham has made for me over the years. Monday night I watched the nut punch game and I was just sitting there thinking about how bad it really has gotten. Skips teams were so damn fun to watch.

I would love to get a copy of "The Season" if anyone has it.

Also , that Duke Wake game was number 6 vs number 7. Those two teams were so damn good. I look at Duke and Carolina right now 6 and 9, and neither of those teams are close to as good as Duke and Wake were that year.

Also , that Duke Wake game was number 6 vs number 7. Those two teams were so damn good. I look at Duke and Carolina right now 6 and 9, and neither of those teams are close to as good as Duke and Wake were that year.

Either of those teams would beat this Duke team like a drum.

Here's a part of it, can't find the rest.

How the fuck can anyone watch this video and think Bz is a good coach? I actually feel bad for Wake students now, they have no idea how fucking awesome it was to go to Wake during these years. Hell even doofus and numbers pooped in their pants when Ish won a first round NCAA game. Poor kids.

Gawd I remember being at Wake when The Season came out. We were so fucking pumped for it.

"I'll meet you on the Quad at midnight."

Those were awesome times.

They had a tent? My, how times have changed.

I have a copy of our basketball season:
004-0811191648-Dog_Doo_a.jpg

Holy fuck that brought back so many memories. So many familiar faces in the video, those were such awesome times. Amazing how far we have fallen. Current students can't even imagine how much fun it was to be a part of that.

I've got episode 3 up. I'm working on 1 and 2, but it's going to take awhile. I apologize if there are any problems, this is my first upload.

Last edited:
How the fuck can anyone watch this video and think Bz is a good coach? I actually feel bad for Wake students now, they have no idea how fucking awesome it was to go to Wake during these years. Hell even doofus and numbers pooped in their pants when Ish won a first round NCAA game. Poor kids.

:werd: I cant really add anything else to this.

Damn, I miss that team. Don't care how the season ended at this point. I miss that team

Chris Ellis would play 30 mins a game for our current team

wow, watching that really hurts

eta. lol BDZ making an appearance in the vid buckets posted. good times

Sadly, that team pulled one of the biggest choke jobs in all of college basketball. I have actually wondered if I would prefer to not be in the tournament or flame out like we typically do. I would at least like to have hope I guess.

Current students can't even imagine how much fun it was to be a part of that.

Seriously, I think about this all the time lately. It's almost as if we don't even have a basketball team now. I was so incredibly lucky to get there the same year as Skip. One year of the ABCDE class, two years each of J-Ho and CP3, the three best years of the JGray/Big E Class, and four years of Taron, Jamaal and Vytas.

You talk about great games - the 2OT win over Duke ... the win over UNC when we were ranked 3rd and 4th ... the nut-punch game (my friends and I were jumping up and down on tables in a bar in Panama City Fla. after JGray hit that 3 and CP made the runner).

Notice the part in The Season when they're in CP3's room, and they're showing the posters on his wall, and he says, "Zoom in on that, that one's the best." That was the poster page from the OGB that I designed, with him and JGray as the backdrop for the season schedule. I told Chris the next day that was the coolest thing ever.

Back