• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did Tabb really have mono?

PremiumDeacon

Reaction score
Everyone's favorite DS poster Mendacious doesn't think so! He posted this on DS Premium:

He never had mono. He did have a virus briefly but the mono story was a cover for his piss poor conditioning.

!!!!

I guess this is fair since they posted DeacLite's post on here over there.

It was never confirmed afaik

Having had mono, I have no clue how he would have been able to even walk to class regularly, much less play a handful of minutes a few weeks after it was announced.

ETA: Never had premium... Did anyone correct or call him out over there?

The one where he talks about CMM being in the top 100

I had mono bad for a couple of days and then had issues for months that would have looked like poor conditioning. I'm calling BS that it's a cover story.

Karl Pilkington rules!!!!

I had mono bad for a couple of days and then had issues for months that would have looked like poor conditioning. I'm calling BS that it's a cover story.

Never heard of only having it for a couple of days! I had it for two weeks and was exhausted to the point of taking multiple naps a day for around two months. Aside from that, wasn't it announced that he had mono and then played later in the week? I don't remember the time frame but remember being shocked that he took the court.

not sure why it matters. i think its evident to everyone that tabb did not have the attitude and/or work ethic necessary to be a productive member of the team last year. hopefully he grows and matures and that wont be an issue in the future. if not, i expect it wont be our issue, since he wont be sticking around.

I thought Mendacious worked for the AD or school in some form.

If he does, he should be fired for posting that.

I thought Mendacious worked for the AD or school in some form.

If he does, he should be fired for posting that.

I believe he works on the academic side of things.

OK, I thought someone said he was in the SID office or in the AD.

Yea, definitely not the athletic department. He's in the University Advancement office, I think. Just run of the mill asking alumni for money.

It's still wrong for a university employee to post "inside" scoops on a student's protected health information.

Never heard of only having it for a couple of days! .
I didn't have it for just a couple of days, it was bad for a couple of days.

I had a sore throat on thursday afternoon. My glands swelled on friday and I went to the doctor but felt fine otherwise. Saturday at work my neck started to swell and I started to feel bad so I went home. On Monday morning my throat nearly swelled shut. By Wednesday it was almost all gone, but the affects of it lasted for probably 10 months. Anything physical was pretty draining.

Back