• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

Here on the socalled recruiting thread, Missouri will likely back off MItchell because they just picked up A.Beard another 2014 pg.

Yeah Beard just committed yesterday, he should be a really good player for Missouri.

As of a couple months ago Wake was still vigorously pursuing Mitchell

So, it seems as though Miles Overton is our top SG prospect and we have yet to offer. We're off of Davon Reed's and Sindarius Thornwell's list entirely and we're behind Miami for Kam Williams.

Overton seems to like us more than we like him, though with most prospects rebuffing our offers, we may want to give him and McClinton a really serious second look.

Does anyone know anything about 2013 PG prospects? Lyles is still hanging around and most have said that Newkirk isn't really a possibility. How about guys like Ennis and Marcus Allen?

Our 2013 prospects, with the exception of Mike Young are starting to look really bleak, folks.

Kam Williams and Dom Collier are at Cp3 camp in Winston maybe CHris will help us out.

Our 2013 prospects, with the exception of Mike Young are starting to look really bleak, folks.

I haven't heard much about Young, but his measurements (6' 9", 220 lbs) look pretty good (especially for the size on our current roster). Anyone have any more details about him?

New article on Wake rivals sounds like Coach Larranaga is in a strong position for Kam Williams and Walt is doing great work for Wake. By the way, that site is doing a great job these days.

Last edited:
The 6-foot-2, 170-pound Baltimore (Md.) Mount St. Joseph shooting guard said the Demon Deacons and Miami (Fla.) Hurricanes are tied for the lead in his recruitment.

He is visiting Wake today.

The 6-foot-2, 170-pound Baltimore (Md.) Mount St. Joseph shooting guard said the Demon Deacons and Miami (Fla.) Hurricanes are tied for the lead in his recruitment.

He is visiting Wake today.

:dancindeac:

come to Wake Kam!!!!!!

Dave Telep on Shelton Mitchell's performance at the Nike Elite 100:

"Shelton Mitchell (Waxhaw, N.C./Cuthbertson) and Louisville commit Quentin Snider (Louisville, Ky./Ballard) could be one year away from delivering state titles to their respective schools. Mitchell was a runner-up in 2A this year. He’s the guy with the knack for winning and feel for the position. The kid has it on a string and while there may be others with more physical talent, there wasn’t another who copied his approach to the game. You want a pass-first, by-the-book creator, you look to Mitchell. His camp team lost in the finals to our surprise guard (see Jordan McLaughlin)."

Davon Reed cut his list to 8 today: Louisville, UConn, Cincy, Memphis, Xavier, Harvard, Miami & Wake Forest.

Memphis just offered the other day. I'm glad we made the final 8 but damn that is a tough freaking list... I'm not too hopeful with Reed and despite Kam's lack of size I'd be happy with him as the 2 of the future. CMM has size to guard 2's if need be.

Davon Reed cut his list to 8 today: Louisville, UConn, Cincy, Memphis, Xavier, Harvard, Miami & Wake Forest.

Memphis just offered the other day. I'm glad we made the final 8 but damn that is a tough freaking list... I'm not too hopeful with Reed0 and despite Kam's lack of size I'd be happy with him as the 2 of the future. CMM has size to guard 2's if need be.i

It sounds like we are somewhere 6-8 with Davon. We weren't in the top 5 someone posted earlier. Harvard is. We lost out on Zena to Harvard, too. That's a problem.

Come to Wake, Kam!!!!!

Last edited:
It sounds like we are somewhere 6-8 with Davon. We weren't in the top 5 someone posted earlier. Harvard is. We lost out on Zena to Harvard, too. That's a problem.

I wouldn't put too much trust in a random UConn blogger. On the other hand, I do trust Alex Kline. He's the one reporting the cut to 8, and also reported that Reed really wants a strong academic school, which bodes well for Wake against most schools on that list.

If you guys (or Miami) get Kam Williams, Mark Turgeon better damn well know what he's doing.

I wouldn't put too much trust in a random UConn blogger. On the other hand, I do trust Alex Kline. He's the one reporting the cut to 8, and also reported that Reed really wants a strong academic school, which bodes well for Wake against most schools on that list.

I would say that trusting Kline is probably about the same as a random UConn blogger in most instances*, but seeing as Kline probably knows his fellow Jersey prep-schooler quite well, I'll briefly restrain my pessimism until we hear more.

*Start rant: for the life of me, I have no idea how a HS kid - outside of the rumors that he jacks scoops and info printed elsewhere without attribution, has no sources outside of player's, Twitter and tri-state area coaches, etc. - has that kind of time or access. logistically, the kid is based in East PA/ South NJ and was in HS. The whole thing is a bit fantastic. His heartwarming/tough story aside, I don't know why more people haven't asked that question...(though since he's affiliated with Scout now and has underlings he's probably fine from here on out).

Last edited:
I mentioned Amaker as a potential future coach and got blasted at the end of the season. Now even more so seems like he is putting in good work getting on kids list we want and pulling in others we want.

Back