• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

stonz

Reaction score
Welcome to the new Wake basketball recruiting megathread. Ideally, everything you need to know about Wake's basketball recruiting will be found in this thread.

To start us off, here's a table which shows where our 2013 recruiting is, as summer AAU ball starts to heat up. Hopefully this table is fairly easy to read. Basic definitions:

Misses: Players that we offered that have committed elsewhere. (we = Wake Forest)
Offers: Players that we have offered that have not committed elsewhere.
Targets: Players that we have not offered, but have been linked to at some point.

The list is a compilation of the players we're listed with on Rivals, Scout, BSD, and assorted other places (twitter, 247, etc). If I've missed a player, please let me know. I tried my best to make this an exhaustive list, but I'm sure I'm missing a few guys here or there.

Color Coding:

Red: We are out of it. The prospect has committed elsewhere, or is no longer listing us.
Yellow(/Orange): We might be in it. For offered kids, yellow generally means we don't have much shot, but we haven't been eliminated yet either. For un-offered kids, yellow essentially means that both sides are interested, and I think we'd be 'in it' if we offer.
Green: We are very much involved. There is serious interest on both sides. Examples being: we've offered, the player is consistently listing us in his top tier, the player has visited or has an upcoming visit planned. If you just want to a couple players to keep an eye on, look for the guys in green.
Blue: We are probably not involved. Two sides to this one: some un-offered kids are blue because I do not think we are legitimately interested. Some un-offered kids are blue because I don't think we'd have a chance even if we offered (in this case, I don't want to use red since I don't actually know what would happen if we offered).

Sorting:
Offered kids are sorted by their rank: Rivals-->Scout-->ESPN (don't read anything into that order). Un-offered kids are sorted the same way. Prospects not ranked by any of the three sites are sorted by my color coding, and then alphabetically.

Note: If you disagree with any of my color choices, please let me know. There is no 'inside info' in this post; all information is based on what I've found online. I'm simply a compiler. If you read an article somewhere that says Player X is visiting, and I have him in red, please let me know. If your neighbor's cousin's little sister is dating Player Y, and he doesn't like Wake even though I have him in green, please let me know.

That's probably enough of an intro. I'm happy to answer any questions that you might have. Here's the table. Enjoy!

11se4v6.jpg

Last edited:
Here's the table again, zoomed in on the guys that matter for Jaybone's viewing pleasure.

2r26s8p.jpg

Updated scholarship table:

2lu6ssh.jpg

Bringing over the scholarship table from the old thread. We have 3 slots available for 2013. One will almost certainly be used for a wing scorer/shooter; its unclear what the plan is for the other 2.

Honestly the first one is pretty easily readable on my laptop...is the second one any better?

Is Bz allergic to centers that weigh more than 210 pounds?

You can't it a "miss" unless the player actually visited our campus.

Lots of players get offers without ever being interested in the school.

The second one is slightly better than the first but still tiny. Thanks for trying.

You can't it a "miss" unless the player actually visited our campus.

Lots of players get offers without ever being interested in the school.

The second one is slightly better than the first but still tiny. Thanks for trying.

It's his chart, so he can call it whatever the hell he wants.

I can make out the first, Stonz, although the yellow is a little hard to read. Second is perfectly clear to me. Thanks for putting it together.

Lol at you old people. The second one's text is larger than the freaking large text books they sell at the grocery store.

An average green height of 6' 3" and some change makes me sad.

Old People - if on Firefox... Right click on the image, choose "view image" and then use the magnifying glass to zoom in... If you need more zoom, hit the control and the plus/equals key together a few times and it'll zoom in more.

Old People - if on Firefox... Right click on the image, choose "view image" and then use the magnifying glass to zoom in... If you need more zoom, hit the control and the plus/equals key together a few times and it'll zoom in more.

:laugh: love it.

is it easier if i just use my monocle? i am just not that good on the internets...

th

Last edited:
Back