• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Please Krauthammer, don't hurt 'em.

And in this scenario what does a "default" look like? When a country collects and we struggle to pay? War? Total economic collapse?

Dumb government chases smart money away.
Every. Single. Time.

I bet this sounded awesome when you said it in your head, but I have no earthly idea what you're talking about here.

I know. That's why you're still a Democrat. Give it a few years. Pay a few more taxes. It will come to you.

Tell me about it. We could have borrowed at next to nothing to update our infrastructure, and House Republicans said nobama.

I'm sure a smart conservative household would turn down a home equity line of credit at a rate lower than inflation to do some home improvements.

I love how, since jh's party took control, all of his discussions are theoretical. Because it's plainly obvi Is the folks he voted for don't have any intention of doing what he thinks is right.

Budget? Nope. Health care? Nope. Emphasis on 2 parent households? Nope.

The only thing he gets is more military spending and (potentially) tax cuts. A cynic would say that's all that matters. But I truly don't believe that about jh. He's not a complete idiot like tintin or knowell, a psycho like Raleigh devil, a shitty troll like Palma or moonz, or on the edge of dementia like BKF. He has a problem admitting the obvious from time to time, but then most of us do.

I for one am happy that his austere spending ideas are moribund even within the GOP. They would trigger another recession needlessly, in addition to not achieve the goal of reduction of debt as a % of GDP

I'm sure a smart conservative household would turn down a home equity line of credit at a rate lower than inflation to do some home improvements.

A smart conservative household doesn't need improving.

I love how, since jh's party took control, all of his discussions are theoretical. Because it's plainly obvi Is the folks he voted for don't have any intention of doing what he thinks is right.

Budget? Nope. Health care? Nope. Emphasis on 2 parent households? Nope.

The only thing he gets is more military spending and (potentially) tax cuts. A cynic would say that's all that matters. But I truly don't believe that about jh. He's not a complete idiot like tintin or knowell, a psycho like Raleigh devil, a shitty troll like Palma or moonz, or on the edge of dementia like BKF. He has a problem admitting the obvious from time to time, but then most of us do.

It turns out the government isn't going to raise your children for you. It was never going to do that. That was always your job (again, this is review. You know this. I watch how you raise your own kids).
The key is to stop telling poor people something you don't believe or practice yourselves. Anytime you would like to begin would be fine.

It turns out the government isn't going to raise your children for you. It was never going to do that. That was always your job (again, this is review. You know this. I watch how you raise your own kids).
The key is to stop telling poor people something you don't believe or practice yourselves. Anytime you would like to begin would be fine.

Seems a bit disingenuous to focus on the throwaway line as opposed to the overall point. Especially when you have ignored it twice before.

Seems a bit disingenuous to focus on the throwaway line as opposed to the overall point. Especially when you have ignored it twice before.

The Republicans are still trying to figure out what to do with this President

The Republicans are still trying to figure out what to do with this President

Republicans are having a hard time dealing with other Republicans including the head of their party while controlling all three branches of government?

Republicans have a blank check and rubber stamp and they can't accomplish anything.

I'm actually relieved the republicans don't vote in a 52 person block devoid of independent thought.

Wish I could say the same of the dems, it's not something to be proud of.

Back