• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DNC Live Commentary

Health care costs are lower before Obamacare kicks in... awesome.

There's nothing in the CRA about lending to bad credit risks! And CRA-regulated institutions made only 25% of the subprime loans!

If you haven't read The Big Short, I highly recommend it. The policies of the Clinton Administration set the table for Fannie and Freddie to buy shitty mortgages, which meant the originating banks didn't need to worry about who they lent to. And Michael Lewis is far from a conservative.

ETA: And obviously it blew up under Bush - no argument there.

My wife said it best. This is going to be picked apart by the fact checkniks and it is too long and rambling to be all that effective. To sum it up. My name is Bill Clinton. You all like me. Trust me on everything I'm telling you and vote for Barrack Obama.

If you haven't read The Big Short, I highly recommend it. The policies of the Clinton Administration set the table for Fannie and Freddie to buy shitty mortgages, which meant the originating banks didn't need to worry about who they lent to. And Michael Lewis is far from a conservative.

It is a great book. It is a very quick and fun read.

My wife said it best. This is going to be picked apart by the fact checkniks and it is too long and rambling to be all that effective. To sum it up. My name is Bill Clinton. You all like me. Trust me on everything I'm telling you and vote for Barrack Obama.

Lolz.

You, your wife, Dirk, and maybe jhmd are the only people on earth that aren't impressed with this speech.

You hear what you want to hear.

Read it a couple weeks ago, actually. Came away feeling worst about the ratings agencies. Anyways, if your point was about Fannie and Freddie (and shadow banks) and not the CRA, then I more or less agree.

I don't think we'll ever see a politician with more swagger than Clinton. He had more swagger than Reagan which was pretty much impossible.

I don't think we'll ever see a politician with more swagger than Clinton. He had more swagger than Reagan which was pretty much impossible.

Truman, Harry S. The buck stops here.

Oooohhhh that would be a good debate.

I agree. He's half bullshit, half truth but he can sell it. He's the best politician I've ever seen in my 51 years. That doesn't mean I agree with him but I admire the sell.

I guess Edith Byrd will be regretting that MSNBC showed her waving her Medicare card and her social security number to the nation.

Speaking of subprime, the comment about "people are practically paying us to borrow" made me cringe.

Back