• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DNC Live Commentary

CRA-regulated institutions made 25% of subprime loans. There is nothing in the CRA mandating bad loans. There is nothing mandating liar loans. You are absurd. The Act was around for 20+ years before the bubble heated up.

Lol, yea the Gramm-Leach-Bliley act in '99 under the CRA had nothing to do with the housing collapse. Liar loans or NINJA were incentivized in '99. This is basic stuff dude.

Short attention span America. Sorry, this ain't Fox, can't soundbite a speech.

I'm pretty sure when Obama first came out on stage he said "damn dude you killed it!"

Ugh. President Clinton appears to have early stage Parkinson. I do not wish that on anyone.

Slick Willy doing what the Democrats never seem to be able to do: just tell it like it is.

I will fully admit I have been watching the football game while flipping over to Clinton during timeouts but my god this speech seems to be going on forever. This is like his keynote 4 years before he ran....and in closing (crowd goes crazy).

You really have to take your blinders off.

The crowd was going nuts for Clinton at least a dozen times during the speech.

Republican Steve Schmidt called it a "tour de force" He went on to say, "I wish to God Republicans had someone like Bill Clinton. We don't."

You couldn't be more wrong. You need to stop making yourself looking like a fool.

Well, tomorrow night we'll hear what the grand plan for the next four years is. Right?

I don't think you can leap to that conclusion. He looked like he was shaking but that doesn't mean Parkinson's per se.

I think there was talk about President Clinton having Parkinson's after Ted Kennedy's funeral in 2009(?) and a bunch of camera shots showing trembling hands. Clinton said (I think on Larry King) that he was tested and that it is not Parkinson's.

Thanks RJ for telling me to take my blinders off.

That's better than the other option.

There have been very posts in the past twenty years more inaccurate than your attempt to compare Clinton's earlier debacle to this electric speech.

Back