• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saturday Night Live

The Tiff Tip was great, as was Cecily downing the purell.

Kate McKinnon is fantastic. Sessions, Hillary, and her alien abductee all stand out...and that's just from the last couple episodes.

The abductee sketches are amazing. I can't think of a bad character she does. Angela Merkel, RBG, and the Russian woman in Weekend Update are always a hit.

Kate's been on the show since 2012 - doesn't seem like it's been that long. She's definitely come into her own as a performer - totally agree that she'll be up there as one of the greats.

There have only been two skits. Both with Ryan Gosling.

I thought there had been more than just one when I saw the latest last month.

There have only been two skits. Both with Ryan Gosling.

I thought there had been more than just one when I saw the latest last month.

There was also one with Casey Affleck last December and one with Emily Blunt (maybe?) before that.

Thanks. I knew I remembered others. Those weren't alien abductions but a similar format. The Affleck one was about meeting Santa Claus.

Thanks. I knew I remembered others. Those weren't alien abductions but a similar format. The Affleck one was about meeting Santa Claus.

Yes. The Santa Claus one was hilarious.

The Santa one was Gosling and Vanessa Bayer. (I might be thinking of an unrelated skit)

Last edited:
Her Last Call sketches are really solid, too, if helped along by Kenan.

I usually like the Whiskers R We sketches, but this week's installment with Haddish didn't land for me, aside from the one cat that tried to kill her.

Kate's been on the show since 2012 - doesn't seem like it's been that long. She's definitely come into her own as a performer - totally agree that she'll be up there as one of the greats.

Interesting you say that, I probably would have guessed 2010. I guess she has racked up so many good skits/characters it feels like it should have taken longer.

Interesting you say that, I probably would have guessed 2010. I guess she has racked up so many good skits/characters it feels like it should have taken longer.

Yeah, I should clarify, she made an appearance in 2012 - full cast member in 2013 which makes it that much more impressive that she's developed so many hilarious characters.

She's the closest thing SNL has had to a Tracey Ullman. They've had people do funny characters, but McKinnon disappears into roles so well that it would be a shame for her to just leave SNL to be a regular actress who plays regular TV and movie roles.

Watched the mrs rafferty skits last night. Hillarious. (See what I did there)

She's the closest thing SNL has had to a Tracey Ullman. They've had people do funny characters, but McKinnon disappears into roles so well that it would be a shame for her to just leave SNL to be a regular actress who plays regular TV and movie roles.

I've heard people compare her to Kristen Wiig but I think McKinnon is unbelievably better. She is definitely a top 10 all-time SNL cast member.

Exactly. I like Kristen Wiig. But McKinnon is far more talented and her characters are much better. Wiig had a lot of dud characters like the ugly small hands lady and the Target lady.

I've heard people compare her to Kristen Wiig but I think McKinnon is unbelievably better. She is definitely a top 10 all-time SNL cast member.

It was over a year ago (I think) when I heard a guy interviewed on NPR who was an SNL expert. He has written about the history of the show and has chronicled the 100+ cast members in what I think was a coffee table book. Anyway, this alleged expert had Kate McKinnon in SNL's top 5 all time!

Back