• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saturday Night Live

Coming to America is great but beyond that I don't really care about anything else Eddie Murphy has done. Trading places is aight, too.

Beverly Hills Cop is one of the best!

I mean, both 48Hours, the first 2 Beverly Hills Cops, Trading Places, Harlem Nights, Raw, The Distinguished Gentleman- all of those were awesome outside of Coming to America.

Norm was touring last year. I am pretty pissed I missed it. Next time, I will catch him for sure. I love his sense of humor.

Norm on Eddie Murphy - "He does not need the laughs."

That explains the last decade of Eddie Murphy movies.

They wanted Eddie Murphy to do Cosby on the Daily Double but he was uncomfortable

Was disappointed in Eddie's role Sunday night. At least they tried to get Eddie to do something (which would have been hilarious).

Seems like they worked on this pretty last minute. Kinda odd

Standard practice for SNL. Plus, they made a huge effort to keep all the skits, etc. from leaking prior to the show.

if you haven't, you should read the Live from NY oral history of SNL book. basically cocaine is to thank for everything.

Awesome and interesting insight from norm macdonald there. I rarely check twitter and norm is one of the only two people I follow.

Coming to America is great but beyond that I don't really care about anything else Eddie Murphy has done. Trading places is aight, too.

To put it in terms you'll understand as a 90s person, in the 80s he was Will Smith and Chris Rock put together. Comedic genius AND Movie Star.

Norm also live tweets bowling matches and dumb stuff. Glad he did the historian thing tho on the SNL special.

I mean, both 48Hours, the first 2 Beverly Hills Cops, Trading Places, Harlem Nights, Raw, The Distinguished Gentleman- all of those were awesome outside of Coming to America.

He was absolutely hilarious in Bowfinger.

I highly recommend the SNL40 app... Seems to have most every episode from all 40 years of the show. Very easy to search for stuff, too.

I taped the show pretty much every week from when I was about 7 years old all through high school (85-96) and watched it on Sunday mornings. Watching specific sketches that I haven't seen in almost 30 years is awesome. I mean, it has gotten pretty easy over the years to see old skits that were really popular, but to be able to go back and watch obscure stuff that has stuck in my mind (for some unknown reason) is great.

Raising this thread from the dead because I just saw the most recent episode and Tiffany Haddish killed it, she was by far the best guest of the last few years. Her future is extraordinarily bright.

First black female comedian ever to host. Surprised Whoopi Goldberg or Wanda Sykes never made it. Aisha Tyler or Tracee Ellis Ross would be good picks too.

Curious to see Chance the Rapper as the host next week.

So is it time to talk GOAT status for Kate McKinnon? Every one of her recurring characters is comedy gold.

Haddish was great. We were just going to watch the monologue but ended up watching the whole episode (except for Taylor Swift, who I️ just can’t deal with). Really good.

Skip to 2:40 for a good Tiff Tip.

The Tiff Tip was great, as was Cecily downing the purell.

So is it time to talk GOAT status for Kate McKinnon? Every one of her recurring characters is comedy gold.

Kate McKinnon is fantastic. Sessions, Hillary, and her alien abductee all stand out...and that's just from the last couple episodes.

Good episode, but I was a little underwhelmed by Tiff Haddish after reading these posts. Looking forward to seeing how Chance does this weekend.

Back