• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Debate expectations

I realize this thread is all fun and games, but I think the above is a bit out of line... Imagine if one of the Pubs made that comment.

Mitt brought it up in his tape.....If Obama had done something similar, it would have been fair game....it would be like giving Mitt 47 seconds for his rebuttals.

These aren't really even debates. They have set the rules so that each candidate just regurgitates part of their stump speech for a response.

The only thing you can hope for is some Al Gore Hi-jinks like his sighing or his walking over to Bush and getting all in his personal space or something like that....or a "you're no Jack Kennedy" comment or a Reagan "I won't hold my opponent's youth and inexperience against him" type of comment.

No real need to watch, if anything happens of note, it will be covered in the news/SNL/Daily Show. Milhouse is right on in his prediction.

Maybe Mitt will channel his inner Oprah for the audience, "You get a car. You get a car. You get a car and an elevator for your garage."

These aren't really even debates. They have set the rules so that each candidate just regurgitates part of their stump speech for a response.

The only thing you can hope for is some Al Gore Hi-jinks like his sighing or his walking over to Bush and getting all in his personal space or something like that....or a "you're no Jack Kennedy" comment or a Reagan "I won't hold my opponent's youth and inexperience against him" type of comment.

No real need to watch, if anything happens of note, it will be covered in the news/SNL/Daily Show. Milhouse is right on in his prediction.

Maybe the best moment in debate history.

Maybe the best moment in debate history.

I could see Romney trying something similar to Gore. Just one of several pathetic moments for Gore. What a joke of a candidate. It is weird looking back at how young they were in their early 50s.

Wow, I forgot about that. What a weird moment.

Also, it's a little bizarre how put together Bush seems there compared to the years he was president. WTF?

I always thought Bush was good in debates. Maybe it was because the expectations were so low but he seemed comfortable and that is half the battle IMO.

Romney's only chance to win the presidency is to wipe the floor with Obama in the debates, which is to say that Romney will lose the race. The Pubs need to start planning ahead and beyond the inevitable outcome of this race.

I believe quite a few are doing just that.

It will only take one question to destroy Mittens..........how is your policies different than George W's?!?!
Game, Set, Match....roll the windows down in the 747 and call it a wrap

Romney has to win, I don't understand why Obama isn't going balls to the wall to beat him. Romney would be finished if Obama performs at his A game.

I always thought Bush was good in debates. Maybe it was because the expectations were so low but he seemed comfortable and that is half the battle IMO.

He may not have made many good decisions as POTUS but the guy is quicker on his feet than people think, its all bout E.Q. and not I.Q. sometimes.

Republicans are now saying if Romney doesn't drop is pants, moon the audience and take a shit on stage, he will exceed their expectations.

Dems are saying is Obama doesn't smoke a joint while reading from Mao's Little Red Book, they will be happy.

Back