• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Debate expectations

Very curious that the Obama campaign is downplaying expectations.

Not curious at all. Obama needs to avoid any huge mistakes over the next 40 days. Romney needs every confrontation to be epic. Romney is going to play this up, and Obama is going to downplay it. Obama is in the prevent defense...nothing big, give up the yardage inside the hashmarks and make solid tackles. Pretty much the WFU defense minus the missed tackles.

Every campaign downplays expectations. Both parties do it every election.

To some degree, it does happen more often than it used to. But every time there is an opportunity, it seems like the Obama campaign is either downplaying their man or praising Romney's abilities.

To some degree, it does happen more often than it used to. But every time there is an opportunity, it seems like the Obama campaign is either downplaying their man or praising Romney's abilities.

Ryan and Romney themselves are saying good things about Obama's debating...

How are these polls showing that Romney and Obama are tied!?!? 3 days ago the word was that Obama had surged ahead by 5 points.

After a week in which Romney said that he wonders why windows on a plane do not roll down!

How are these polls showing that Romney and Obama are tied!?!? 3 days ago the word was that Obama had surged ahead by 5 points.

After a week in which Romney said that he wonders why windows on a plane do not roll down!

Samuel L. Jackson opened some windows on a plane.

The debate I'd really like to watch is still the one between 2002 Mitt Romney and 2012 Mitt Romney. People want "choices, not echoes"? That one would be a doozy!

I wouldn't mind the debate between BKF circa 1984 and BKf circa 2004. That would be a hoot!

I wouldn't mind the debate between BKF circa 1984 and BKf circa 2004. That would be a hoot!

I imagine bkf circa 1984 to be like Caturday.

Quoting from that song will only sow confusion with some of our younger posters, bob. They can only imagine what it is about because they can't as of yet have experienced it. But they will, eventually they will.

Host: Mr. Romney, you hate the 47%.

Romney: Well, I didn't... \interrupted\

Host: Mr. President?

Wait... people think that Obama is greater than a slightly above average debater? Why?

Thankfully, Jim Lehrer is there. He's no John King.

Wait... people think that Obama is greater than a slightly above average debater? Why?

Are you talking about being an actual debater in front of intelligent, learned judges or being a debater in a Presidential election where the general public is watching?

Because in the latter, 90% of being a good debater is being likable and staying cool. Obama is great at both of those.

Back