• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 NBA Season postmortem

I never really understood this either. All sports do though so it makes sense, but it's basketball, they get to practice with each other all the time and who cares if some random lineup that the coach throws together can beat some other random line up the other team puts out?

Give run to the new guys, younger guys, rookies, etc.; let new teammates and staff coalesce; final looks at guys competing for final roster spots playing against somewhat legitimate competition. Anyone with half a brain can understand why they play preseason games.

I typed up a response earlier but I guess it didn't go through. I like your list. I didn't know what to do w Chicago but I think you have them too high. All their healthy guys are injury prone. I like Milwaukee backcourt a lot

Too high for the Bulls and Knicks. Too low for the Hawks. Agreed about the Bucks. I say they have a better chance of making the playoffs than the Bulls have of making the four seed in the East.

I don't think the Celtics finish third... they continue their decline this year

Buckets is always down on my C's. Last year he pooh-poohed any chance of them competing, and they nearly made the Finals.

I agree that their record will probably suffer a bit this year, but they'll make the conference semis at the very least.

I typed up a response earlier but I guess it didn't go through. I like your list. I didn't know what to do w Chicago but I think you have them too high. All their healthy guys are injury prone. I like Milwaukee backcourt a lot

Milwaukee's backcourt should provide some good drama if nothing else.

I could also see the Warriors possibly sneaking in the playoffs but the West is really tough. I say at least one new team will make the playoffs in the West this year. Timberwolves have a lot of young talent so I decided to give them the nod over the Warriors.

The Mavs will be tougher than people think too. OJ Mayo is a good pickup.

I could also see the Warriors possibly sneaking in the playoffs but the West is really tough. I say at least one new team will make the playoffs in the West this year. Timberwolves have a lot of young talent so I decided to give them the nod over the Warriors.

The Mavs will be tougher than people think too. OJ Mayo is a good pickup.

Not off to a great start with all those injuries, plus Delonte getting voted off the island. I kind of hope they continue to be a mess so my keeper pickup Jae Crowder gets run.

'Rouq on right now. He actually has muscle mass and knows how to run properly. That always killed me -- watching both him and Wood running down the court with their shoulders hunched and their arms by their side. Maybe I was the only one who thought that.

'Rouq on right now. He actually has muscle mass and knows how to run properly. That always killed me -- watching both him and Wood running down the court with their shoulders hunched and their arms by their side. Maybe I was the only one who thought that.

I agree completely. I still don't understand how someone as athletic as Tony Woods moves so awkwardly.

Buckets is always down on my C's. Last year he pooh-poohed any chance of them competing, and they nearly made the Finals.

I agree that their record will probably suffer a bit this year, but they'll make the conference semis at the very least.

I do hate on the Celtics, I will fully admit that. They got lucky in last year's playoffs. They'd be a 5-seed in the West.

Not off to a great start with all those injuries, plus Delonte getting voted off the island. I kind of hope they continue to be a mess so my keeper pickup Jae Crowder gets run.

Crowder will probably get some run either way. He's been very good this far. Hopefully he keeps Carter off the floor.

I do hate on the Celtics, I will fully admit that. They got lucky in last year's playoffs. They'd be a 5-seed in the West.

Lucky in the sense that Derrick Rose blew out his knee. The Celtics played the Heat to the brink, and if anything the Heat benefited from luck that series. As for this year's record, you're probably right, although I stand by my comment that they'll make the semis at the very least. They'd make the semis in the West, too.

Celtics' bench will be pretty deep this season. Pretty excited to see the new guys out there.

Buckets, do you still pull for the Wiz? Rough season ahead.

Nah I never really pulled for the Wiz as a franchise, just really like John Wall and happened to be living in DC when he got drafted. I've adopted the Clippers for now since CP3 got traded here the same week I moved to LA. But if the Bobcats can re brand back to the Hornets then I will be a Hornets fan again.

I just hate on the Celtics I general, nothing personal.

I don't like the Clips roster moves though. No front court depth.

Blake looked pretty good preseason. So did Bledsoe. Clippers roster is surprisingly old, though.

I'm not too high on the Clips either. Haven't seen him yet but everyone says Lamar Odom is still out of shape. Don't really like Jamal Crawford as a player. How much will a 40-year-old Grant Hill really help? CP and Blake will eke out a good number of wins, but I think they'll probably be a road dog for their 1st round playoff series (again). I think CP will be antsy when it comes time to re-up his contract.

Last edited:
I'm not too high on the Clips either. Haven't seen him yet but everyone says Lamar Odom is still out of shape. Don't really like Jamal Crawford as a player. How much will a 40-year-old Grant Hill really help? CP and Blake will eke out a good number of wins, but I think they'll probably be a road dog for their 1st round playoff series (again). I think CP will be antsy when it comes time to re-up his contract.

I agree with all of this. What happened to palma to weigh in on the Clips?

Link

Harden turns down a 4 year, 52 million dollar offer. The max is 4 years 60 million. If he doesn't get extension done by Wednesday he will be a RFA this summer, and he will get that max offer from multiple teams... which the Thunder would have to match or lose him.

Back