• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Agreed.

I didn't realize fans loved the Speed Force scenes in The Flash. It's not something I'd want to see a lot of on the big screen.

Speaking of HBO, I watched Watchmen for the first time a few nights ago. It was a huge missed opportunity not to put that on HBO or even AMC. That story is way too big for one movie.

More interesting DC TV news. Berlanti is part of a team working on a Black Lightning TV series.
http://deadline.com/2016/09/black-l...rlanti-mara-brock-akil-salim-akil-1201811892/

Agreed.

I think the only thing DC can do at this point to get me excited is to announce a new Batman show that doesn't suck.

That can even be their tag line: Batman: This one doesn't suck

Finding the right platform for Watchmen is tricky. The story is too involved for a 2.5 hour movie, but you cannot go cheap on the budget either.

It might be my white guilt, but I cringe a little whenever I see a "Black X" character if he's black and the X is something there's not a real black thing of. Meaning, there does exist a black panther in nature, there is no black manta or black lightning though. I'm certainly not picking on DC here, Marvel had Black Goliath but wised up and just changed him to Goliath. Then (spoiler) killed him.

I credit Black Vulcan for raising my awareness of this issue on Harvey Birdman:

b0b3M8z.jpg

Sealab 2021 kinda addressed it back in the day too in "A Tale of Two Debbies."

Ah. Danger Doom (Dangermouse + MF Doom) uses a clip about Debbie in "No Names."

That whole album is inspired by Adult Swim shows.

man, we've got to be hitting critical mass with Superhero media, right?

I don't really think so. Comic book properties have been everywhere for going on thirty years and have been raking in billions the whole time. Till that stops, that media will continue.

That would be a hell of a plot line. Ex-girl is kind of a bad ass.

And rising, it was still in 2nd place this weekend, though it was a "bleh" weekend for movies in general. Moviegoers certainly didn't "vote with their wallet" if they were dissatisfied with SS and I doubt any WB execs were stressed about that RT score when they walked into the Bentley dealership to spend their SS bonus check.

One sentiment I see hither and yon is "I no longer trust DC" with people saying they won't purchase tickets based on blind faith for future movies. I don't believe them, frankly. Obviously one should never form opinions on trends at large based on comment sections, but there do so seem to be very vocal supporters of these movies. Maybe enough to establish a loyal base that will see anything they put out.

Sorry if it makes me a deachead/dickhead? but I'll spill the beans on the JL character addition since I can't imagine any scenario where it could legitimately be kept secret from now to Nov 2017. I don't care how many characters are in the movie, there's definitely room for 1 more when that 1 is Slade. He's just the best. He absolutely has a place amongst the Justice League, he's defeated them all before. The Slade we saw on Arrow was severely nerfed, as he had to be because otherwise him vs the best efforts of Team Arrow would be a slaughter. Also, if I ever get to see a legit, bad-ass knock down drag out fight between him and Batman, I'd forgive all prior DC movie sins.

It's happening!

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/joe-manganiello-deathstroke-batman-movie-ben-affleck-1201855046/

Nerd boner status - fully erect!

ETA - Happy birthday Star Trek! 50 years ago today "The Man Trap" was the premier episode. LLAP!

Last edited:
Don't you dare mess this up, DC.

"The Man Trap" is a perfect name considering how many men have been trapped in Star Trek over the years.

I'm watching The Dark Knight Rises. First time I've watched it in a long time. I loved it when it came out. Even went back and read my original post on this thread about it. Now? It's corny AF. So many elements of it are laughable like "Same bat time, same bat channel" laughable. The bar has been raised significantly by MCU Phase 2 and Marvel Netflix. It's a shame that DC seems to be trying to capture the magic of the Nolan films when Marvel has shown that much more could be done. There are elements I still liked. For example, the Talia Al Ghul twist was well done. Everybody knew she was Talia, but the twist came so late that it looked like it wasn't going to happen. But at the same time, they robbed us of a full movie of Talia Al Ghul badassery and mindfuckery. Kind of like Dent was well done, but we were robbed of a full Two-Face film. And I still want to see a South American who uses Venom to swell up into a huge muscular beast.

Anne Hathaway was great though. Her and Heath are still in the pantheon.

Last edited:
I'm watching The Dark Knight Rises. First time I've watched it in a long time. I loved it when it came out. Even went back and read my original post on this thread about it. Now? It's corny AF. So many elements of it are laughable like "Same bat time, same bat channel" laughable. The bar has been raised significantly by MCU Phase 2 and Marvel Netflix. It's a shame that DC seems to be trying to capture the magic of the Nolan films when Marvel has shown that much more could be done. There are elements I still liked. For example, the Talia Al Ghul twist was well done. Everybody knew she was Talia, but the twist came so late that it looked like it wasn't going to happen. But at the same time, they robbed us of a full movie of Talia Al Ghul badassery and mindfuckery. Kind of like Dent was well done, but we were robbed of a full Two-Face film. And I still want to see a South American who uses Venom to swell up into a huge muscular beast.

Anne Hathaway was great though. Her and Heath are still in the pantheon.

True. But that's the weak link in that trilogy and we all knew that at the time. Wasn't the story that they had the plot already but were originally going to use the Joker again until Heath Ledger passed away?

I think that movie could have been a lot better if they'd rewritten it after that.

Rumors abound that Mr. Sinister is the villain in Wolverine 3.

Didn't the after credits in Age of Apocalypse point to him being the villain in the next X-men?

I guess. But he's apparently the villain in Wolverine 3. Actually, one of the links I read said that one of his underlings is a villain, so perhaps it's a Ronin-Thanos thing.

Rumors abound that Mr. Sinister is the villain in Wolverine 3.

Nooooo. I've been waiting forever for Mr. Sinister to be the villain. I wasn't particularly optimistic about them doing it correctly even within the X Men franchise. I have absolutely 0 faith in the Wolverine franchise doing him justice. Why would you do Mr. Sinister without Cyclops or Jean Grey? Especially when X Men: Apocalypse did plenty to set up Scott Summers as a major future player.

Just make Omega Red the bad guy in the next Wolverine movie. He's less methodical and would be an action packed villain that doesn't require a ton of depth to develop.

Last edited:
That's who I was hoping for too. Makes perfect sense.

Back