• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

It seems that in all the comments I read across the Internet, amongst the chorus of "THIS MOVIE SUX!" there's a small faction that says "I didn't think it was so bad." I'll be that guy for this board.

Don't mistake that for praise, I just don't think it's worth lumping with the dregs of the genre (Green Lantern, Fant4stic (wherever the Hell the 4 goes), Elektra, you know the rest). I think it's some good editing away from being a movie that wouldn't have made online bashing the e-sport of the week. By that I mean there were some really good moments, some really good scenes. Unfortunately those were followed by scenes that filled me with thoughts of "wait... what?" I can think of 2-4 scenes that simply deleting them would have added 2 more points (10 point scale) to the score. More after spoiler embargo...

As to Affleck specifically, I kinda feel bad for him, he doesn't deserve to get dragged down by this movie. I put him as the #2 Batman (Kevin Conroy #1) and an upgrade over Christian Bale. I hope his solo movie does much better, likewise for his Suicide Squad role, whatever that may be.

I've read a lot of good things about Affleck being arguably the best Batman/Bruce Wayne, but it's a shame it's wasted on this movie.

You're definitely right though. It has become trendy to hate it. People aren't even trying to like it anymore.

The buzz about Suicide Squad has always been better than the buzz about BVS.

WB really needs to rethink their Superman strategy. This is three recent Superman movies with poor to mixed reviews.

The buzz about Suicide Squad has always been better than the buzz about BVS.

WB really needs to rethink their Superman strategy. This is three recent Superman movies with poor to mixed reviews.

Superman is boring. I said it.

80s Superman worked because Christopher Reeve is that awesome.

Dialog balloons are hard to read but ultimately irrelevant to the gag.

512832_v2.jpg

Superman has been done well on TV in live action and animation for years. Even Supergirl is a solid show. The problem is going crazy in the movies.

Superman has been done well on TV in live action and animation for years. Even Supergirl is a solid show. The problem is going crazy in the movies.

Part of the attraction of Superman was that he was this person from another planet with all these powers who seemed to want to fit into a "normal earthling" life, but felt motivated to use his powers to help people who were in some kind of distress. The movies seem to lose track of that concept.

I didn't pay to see BvS and I still wanted to request a refund. I'd watch the most recent Transformers movie over that. At least it has Mark Wahlberg in it.

Go ahead and do spoilers.

Long list of little things, but one major problem I had with it was Eisenberg basically ripped off Ledger's Joker

Back