• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

My favorite part was the Wayne workout montage because how big your muscles are really makes a difference against SUPERMAN

Did they play eye of the tiger?
Jesus, this. On top of the nonsensical paranoid bat shit dream sequences, why did we need 3 minutes of Ben Affleck doing crossfit? He was hammering a tractor tire for fucks sake. In preparation to fight Superman. So terrible.

Jesse Eisenberg was terrible, his subtlety barely even registers on the screen, his menacing comes off as zany, and they never even hint at why he wants to kill Superman. The worst part is Senator whoever the fuck, who is written terribly and has the most bullshit country accent ever. The "granny's peach tea" line made me want to leave the theater.

Hopefully in a month or so WB boots Snyder off JLA. Or at least removes some of his creative control.

BvS was actually worse than I expected, which is impressive.

The Supergirl/Flash crossover started so promising and ended so cheesy.

I wasn't expecting them to incorporate him into the show so well. The chemistry between them was great. Kara is definitely Felicity with superpowers.

Lame endings like that are at least true to the often lame source material of Supergirl comic books.

I like that there are an infinite number of Earths but Kara simply throwing Barry will get him back to the correct one.

Lame endings like that are at least true to the often lame source material of Supergirl comic books.

I like that there are an infinite number of Earths but Kara simply throwing Barry will get him back to the correct one.

I'll laugh if Barry is in some overwrought grimdark Earth tomorrow night.

By the way, BVS ended at 28% on RT. Barely above Green Lantern's 26%.

Last edited:
so that was my first episode of super girl. i can see the appeal, though i still don't really have the time to watch every week.

i agree that the ending was a little lame but i think part of that was they appeared to be doing a lot. introducing a new villain with some back story, barry showing up, explaining the multiverse, feel good win for the good guys, love interest sub plot. they probably handled that much about as well as could be expected. had it been a two parter it might have breathed a little more and had room to be "better."

having said that they introduced the flash really well and very quickly and were up and running (intentionally bad pun there). it was a fun episode. very flash-like in it's light outlook. maybe it's not always like that. definitely appeared to be going for a "positive" vibe, fun show with out the gloom of a different franchise. nice to see some diversity in a comic show.

My favorite part -

*Puts on heavy "Day of the Dead" style makeup, dyes hair with wild styling*
"Looks it's Siobhan!"

*Takes glasses off*
"Hey Supergirl, where did Kara go? She was just here."

The Supergirl and Flash show vibes fit as well as the characters did in this episode.

I like how Barry felt free to just be himself without the secret identity.

Cat Grant already suspected Kara of being Supergirl but Martian Manhunted pretended to be Supergirl around Kara to trick her. They do a good job portraying Cat as very smart. I don't get how her assistant has all this time to just hang out and head to DEO though.

Supergirl is a good show. I recommend watching it but I understand not having time. I haven't watched Arrow Season 4 and the League of Tomorrow show yet.

Supergirl is a good show. I recommend watching it but I understand not having time. I haven't watched Arrow Season 4 and the League of Tomorrow show yet.

It's my Dad's favorite show. He actually emailed me about last night's episode. LOL

That's hilarious.

i have zero interest in league of tomorrow.

daredevil s 2 comment.

go back and watch the final episode where electra and dd go up on the roof. the camera pans back and shows a large group running to fight. is it just me or did the producers cut costs by not hiring enough stunt people. some of those ninjas looked pretty uncoordinated. i need to go back and see if my initial thought still appears true.

Back