• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Put me in the camp that thought Moon Knight stunk. Overwrought and very corny. There was potential, and agree that Isaac was great, but something about the level of exposition just didn't sit well with me. I'm worried it's only going to get worse as they try to explain more abstract concepts of gods in the multiverse. As enjoyable as No Way Home was, I thought it had similar flaws with enough entertainment value to make up for it. Although, I still get upset that either Cumberbatch mailed it in that movie or that's not the Dr. Strange we've come to know. For the sake of my movie viewing experience tonight, I hope it's the latter.

Last edited:
Put me in the camp that thought Moon Knight stunk. Overwrought and very corny. There was potential, and agree that Isaac was great, but something about the level of exposition just didn't sit well with me. I'm worried it's only going to get worse as they try to explain more abstract concepts of gods in the multiverse. As enjoyable as No Way Home was, I thought it had similar flaws with enough entertainment value to make up for it. Although, I still get upset that either Cumberbatch mailed it in that movie or that's not the Dr. Strange we've come to know. For the sake of my movie viewing experience tonight, I hope it's the latter.

Strange was so strange in that one that I half expect for them to show in a future movie that it was a different version of him

The moratorium for Multiverse of Madness is active until Monday, right? I know we have a standard thats posted about every month or so, but I can't remember.

CBM: Moon Knight finale/Doctor Strange 2 premieres Thurs

It’s 48 hours after it opens. It used to be Saturday night but we’ve changed it to Friday night since Wednesday night showings have become popular.

I’m open to anytime between Friday night and Saturday night depending on how many people have seen it.

When are people going to see it? I’m going tomorrow at 4:15 with my wife, my 9 year old, his two best friends and one of their families who never watched any MCU films until the pandemic.

Last edited:
I'm going to see it tonight in 3D 4DX. I've never noticed a difference in 4DX, but the IMAX viewings were sold out, so here we are. On that note, has anyone done this "ScreenX"? This is the first I've ever heard of it, but apparently it's:

"A revolutionary, multiprojection experience with a 270-degree panoramic visual during select scenes"

"during select scenes" is doing a lot of work in that description.

Finally, saw The Batman. Disappointed - give it a C. I expected more from Reeves. All of his Planet of the Apes movies were much better. Liked Zoe, Gordon was fine, always enjoy Turturro. Not enough of Farrell or Zerkis to make a real judgment call.

I must watch too many horror movies because I didn't find Dano creepy or scary at all. Pattinson has the best jowls for the cowl and so much emo angst, and I thought he was a pretty good Batman.

Score was great. Fighting was meh.

Way too long as most have mentioned. Too long a movie to be that dark (figuratively and literally) and have zero levity. The detective aspect didn't do much for me either. Spent a half hour or more trying to figure out who El Rata Alada is, and then Zoe's just like, oh, I have my friend's phone and here's a confession from Falcone. That was a waste of time.

And Batman ultimately solved the final Riddler puzzle because someone tells him about a carpenter tool but he's too late and it has zero effect on what happens - do better.

Car chase with the Penguin was interminable and why the hell is the Batman and the Batmobile having such a hard time with what looked like a Toyota Avalon.

It didn't really come close to any of Nolan's efforts, imo.

I choose to celebrate a great day for Trek fans - Picard S2 is over and Strange New Worlds, for one episode at least, made me think my cockeyed optimism for that series was warranted.

Have you ever seen The Ready Room Cap? It's the after-show show and Wil Wheaton is the host. His over the top enthusiasm borders on unctuousness and makes him more annoying IRL than even Wesley was.

I thought Strange New Worlds was good. Feels like the show they should have started New Trek with

CBM: Moon Knight finale/Doctor Strange 2 premieres Thurs

Lol that they just named a character Noonien Singh, had a story beat about modifying genomes and name dropped the Eugenics War, and just didn’t mention it AT ALL.

I loved Anson Mount as an ensemble character on Disco, but he definitely doesn’t have the charisma of Kirk or the gravitas of Picard or Sisko. Hoping that this series centers the ensemble rather than running every storyline through Pike.

Last edited:
They retconned all wars into one to make canon sense and let Soong make Khan per the dumb Picard finale.

But who cares, SNW was great. An actual Star Trek show, Finally

Swolecan logic.

SNW is indeed billed as an ensemble piece. That said I think Mount is 100% to the task.

It’s 48 hours after it opens. It used to be Saturday night but we’ve changed it to Friday night since Wednesday night showings have become popular.

I’m open to anytime between Friday night and Saturday night depending on how many people have seen it.

When are people going to see it? I’m going tomorrow at 4:15 with my wife, my 9 year old, his two best friends and one of their families who never watched any MCU films until the pandemic.

We

Oh in the character previews before SNw was released they explained that Singh was a descendant of Khan.

Agree there was a lot of unexplained stuff going on in moon knight especially wrt the pantheon of gods and their powers. Seems needless to pick an avatar that you need to keep tricking (new personalities when the old one doesn't want to participate any more.) There are plenty of people that would be all in. I am also annoyed that they flipped back to ep 1 and began doing stuff off screen. That should be a little used trope for a very specific storytelling purpose. Guess it saves on budget? I did not mind it early but it quickly became a crutch.

Back