• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

CBM: Moon Knight (Disney+)/Morbius premieres Thurs

Well said, Strick. Intrepid reporter Clark Kent can be interesting. Blind Hell’s Kitchen lawyer Matt Murdock can be interesting. I’ve love to see either of those stories.

Steven Grant and Marc Spector aren’t interesting because the main point of their story is only that the two of them exist.

Well said, Strick. Intrepid reporter Clark Kent can be interesting. Blind Hell’s Kitchen lawyer Matt Murdock can be interesting. I’ve love to see either of those stories.

Steven Grant and Marc Spector aren’t interesting because the main point of their story is only that the two of them exist.

Batman was so close, man. Soooooooo close. You could tell Reeves wanted it somewhere in his brain.

i mean, i genuinely don't get the boards' comic book heavies response on this one.

RT has the show at 87% on critics, 94% audience. what is this, the rise of the Not My MCU crowd?

For clarity, I'm not saying people that don't like Moon Knight have "no idea". That's like, their opinion man. I like it, they don't, it's all good. The difference with Trek is MCU fans can feel confident something more up their alley is coming up. Some Trek fans though are distraught over the future. I FELT Mike's pain on the last RLM review. I have cockeyed optimism SNW will live up to my expectations but then I look at the IMDB page and see "Creators: Akiva Goldsman, Alex Kurtzman..." and I'm sad again.

There are two base characters and no superhero.

I think this is the fairest criticism. I dont think everything else mentioned is an issue if we were getting more time on screen of the actual Moon Knight being Moon Knight

Last edited:
CBM: Moon Knight (Disney+)/Morbius premieres Thurs

So in the Egyptian afterlife does an additional personality count as a separate soul? Because that was somewhat off putting. For that matter, who decided that would be their afterlife?

Here’s a question I haven’t really seen addressed. Why do many of you like Moon Knight?

Last edited:
For clarity, I'm not saying people that don't like Moon Knight have "no idea". That's like, their opinion man. I like it, they don't, it's all good. The difference with Trek is MCU fans can feel confident something more up their alley is coming up. Some Trek fans though are distraught over the future. I FELT Mike's pain on the last RLM review. I have cockeyed optimism SNW will live up to my expectations but then I look at the IMDB page and see "Creators: Akiva Goldsman, Alex Kurtzman..." and I'm sad again.

as long as CBS will flush money down the Danny Manning/Kurtzman toilet, we're fucked

So in the Egyptian afterlife does an additional personality count as a separate soul? Because that was somewhat off putting. For that matter, who decided that would be their afterlife?

Here’s a question I haven’t really seen addressed. Why do many of you like Moon Knight?

Personally I love that Marvel treat every character, movie, show, etc. as worthy of differentiation in filming, character development, genre and so forth. And from that aspect I love the psychological side of this. I love the ideas they are exploring here and the way it is shot and released. Personally I find this more appealing than Hawkeye, which seemed more of a typical superhero trope story. Hawkeye has been my least favorite of the shows that Marvel and Disney+ have produced together (though I enjoyed it).

I will admit that I do wish there was more of the actual Moon Knight in the show, but I appreciate that it is not simply a show of "here is hero, here is bad guy, hero fights bad guy, cool action, good guy wins". It seems to fit more with the Phase 4 universe that is more complicated and nuanced. There are heroes and anti-heroes, decisions have consequences, characters are complicated, the world is chaotic...

What do you like about the psychological side and what ideas are they exploring?

OK. I hadn't really seen anybody explain why they liked it instead of just putting people who don't on the defensive. I understand your logic.

I think what you're talking about is interesting; however, I think it's been used as a plot device to hide the ball and keep a mystery going. I'm generally annoyed by stories that maintain a mystery by simply keeping characters from talking to each other through contrived means.

Moon Knight has always been one of my favorite heroes. I even have a statue on one of my bookshelves.

Overall, I'm enjoying the show. I agree that I wish we could see more Moon Knight than we have been.

I think Ethan Hawke is absolutely fantastic as a villain though I don't get the broken glass in his shoes thing.

I do think it's a bit slow and am curious how it's going to get wrapped up in one more episode.

Just a reminder that we don't do spoilers for streaming shows until the day of at 10 pm.

I logged on to youtube.com, the main page, and once again, just like with Spider-Man, was a video of a thing that happens in Dr. Strange, a thing I wish I didn't know about in advance.

I'll probably go on a brief Twitter embargo, that's another terrible source of spoilers that sneak onto my timeline under the guise of "you may be interested in..." just like what happens on Youtube.

Back