• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Oh sure, I wouldn't expect a full introduction of Apocalypse or anything like. I was thinking more like a nameplate of En Sabah Nur somewhere in the background.

Lily from the AT&T commercials is playing Squirrel Girl in Freeform's "New Mutants."
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...-derek-theler-topline-freeform-comedy-1019588

I either forgot or missed that New Warriors was cancelled. I'll miss seeing Milana Vayntrub as Squirrel Girl. Oh well, there's always Lily from AT&T.

Milana Vayntrub is voicing Squirrel Girl in a new scripted podcast. Impressive that Marvel and Vayntrub maintained a relationship for 5 years to pull this off.

[h=1]Marvel Launches ‘Squirrel Girl’ Scripted Podcast From Writer Ryan North (EXCLUSIVE)[/h]https://variety.com/2022/digital/news/squirrel-girl-podcast-marvel-siriusxm-1235228417/

The six-episode SiriusXM podcast series titled “Marvel’s Squirrel Girl: The Unbeatable Radio Show,” which stars Milana Vayntrub of AT&T-ad fame as Doreen Green/Squirrel Girl and is written by North, debuted across multiple platforms on Monday. The podcast is produced by Radio Point, the podcast arm of “I Think You Should Leave” and “Life & Beth” production company Irony Point.

Here’s the official description for the “Squirrel Girl” podcast: “Squirrel Girl has taken down Thanos and Doctor Doom — but now she faces something far more terrifying… living authentically. The new series follows Empire State University college student, Doreen Green, who has recently been outed as a super hero — The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl! Hoping to unify her personas in the public eye, Squirrel Girl has created a new student radio show on ESU’s own college station. With the help of her best girl-friend, Nancy Whitehead as producer, and her best squirrel-friend, Tippy-Toe in the booth; Doreen is ready to help more people than ever with her greatest super hero advice. And when the going get rough, she can always lean on her heroic friends: Iron Man, Spider-Man, Chipmunk Hunk, Koi Boi and Brain Drain.

Watched The Batman on HBO. Too long for sure, but well done in establishing mood and setting. Kravitz hot as balls with a body like her mama's. I thought the casting was all good except for Batman. Pattinson lacks the gravitas needed for that character. Making him kind of a hipster, gothic, autistic Batman who is socially inept, speaks at whisper volume, but whose hair falls just right when he has blacked his eyes really turned his character into kind of a joke. He was fine once he got in the suit, and I thought the suit was cool too. Lip service rant by Kravitz against "rich, white, entitled men" was also unnecessary. So those things and the length were distractions from an otherwise good piece of moviemaking. Still don't think it was as good as any of the Bale ones.

ELC likes his cat burglars hot and supportive of the patriarchy.

If you'd asked me when Endgame came out I legit think I would have answered 5 years. Shocked it's only been 3.

Also, dang I'm old and out of touch. I don't know anyone, real or fictional, in that prior tweet.

I just went to look for showtimes and there it was front and center, that actor playing that role (if you saw the preview you know).

Speaking of that actor but in a different role - one more episode and this season is mercifully over.

CW cancelled Batwoman after 3 seasons and Legends after 7 seasons. So no Booster Gold unless he ends up on The Flash.

So are we allowing hints or glances of characters from promos or trailers to be discussed here before DSMOM?

Because some big ones were hinted at recently.

Sure. Trailers aren’t spoilers.

That's just TMI. I'm big into the cosmic side of Marvel and would have had a nerdgasm seeing the Living Tribunal on screen but now that ain't gonna happen. I don't even get the point, there's a net gain of 0 ticket sales from showing him, the folks excited by him were already going.

Does Moon Knight get any better? I finished ep 4 and am debating just leaving it behind. Worst Marvel show since Iron Fist imo.

Does Moon Knight get any better? I finished ep 4 and am debating just leaving it behind. Worst Marvel show since Iron Fist imo.

I'm 2 episodes in and asking the same thing. On a serious note though I pretty much got worn out on all the superhero movies years ago. Just too many, too often. Are all the ones coming out lately part of the original Marvel or DC line of characters or are they inventing them as we go along. I'm guessing the latter. Can't imagine Stan Lee came up with ALL of these. Are comic books still being written with new story lines today?

I'm 2 episodes in and asking the same thing. On a serious note though I pretty much got worn out on all the superhero movies years ago. Just too many, too often. Are all the ones coming out lately part of the original Marvel or DC line of characters or are they inventing them as we go along. I'm guessing the latter. Can't imagine Stan Lee came up with ALL of these. Are comic books still being written with new story lines today?

I think Moon Knight might just be bad.

Yeah! There are great comics these days. Happy to give you recs if you're interested. I'm reading Hickman's Avengers run right now, which is pretty much where all of the MCU stories seem to be coming from. But a lot of the films tend to be really interesting combinations of different source material/visions for characters. WandaVision, for example, takes a lot from my favorite comic, Tom King's Vision, as well as classics like House of M.

Stan's legacy is a complicated one in regards to IP, but you can read more about it in this biography called True Believer (e.g., he put his name on a lot of IP that he had little to do with beyond founding/running Marvel).

Back