• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

I’m am glad they’re introducing more gods as a precursor to Gorr. That’s a nice touch.

The most interesting thing about the show is Moon Knight and it’s been 3 episodes since we’ve seen Moon Knight. Most of the action has been hidden. Much of the show has been clumsy spy type stuff. The result is a boring show. Even the character stuff is interesting but I haven’t been inspired to care.

I’m am glad they’re introducing more gods as a precursor to Gorr. That’s a nice touch.

The most interesting thing about the show is Moon Knight and it’s been 3 episodes since we’ve seen Moon Knight. Most of the action has been hidden. Much of the show has been clumsy spy type stuff. The result is a boring show. Even the character stuff is interesting but I haven’t been inspired to care.

Yeah, it's all interesting, but I'm just kind of bored by the journey. I also think that Moon Knight stands out because, for the most part, these shows have been good. It's probably the first bad one?

The Netflix shows were mostly bad with a few good seasons of Daredevil. Jessica Jones and Luke Cage are great characters, but the showrunner was completely incompetent. JJ was always 4-5 episodes too long and Luke Cage couldn't figure out what villain it wanted to showcase and always picked the wrong one (e.g., preferring Diamondback to Cottonmouth in S1).

Yeah, it's all interesting, but I'm just kind of bored by the journey. I also think that Moon Knight stands out because, for the most part, these shows have been good. It's probably the first bad one?

The Netflix shows were mostly bad with a few good seasons of Daredevil. Jessica Jones and Luke Cage are great characters, but the showrunner was completely incompetent. JJ was always 4-5 episodes too long and Luke Cage couldn't figure out what villain it wanted to showcase and always picked the wrong one (e.g., preferring Diamondback to Cottonmouth in S1).

Part of the problem with the Netflix shows was that a contractual season was 13 50+ minute episodes. So they had to drag out. Of course, Defenders was shorter and was the second worst one so that wasn't the only problem.

Luke Cage didn't "pick" Cottonmouth over Diamondback. They could only get Mahershala Ali for 7 episodes.

From the showrunner:

The first 2-3 Moon Knight episodes were meh to me, but I thought Episode 5 was excellent. Isaac was fantastic

I’m having trouble with Moon Knight because the Steven Grant character is annoying. Oscar Isaac is a great actor and ive seen almost every role of his, and Steven Grant is easily the worst.

Isn’t that kind of the point of Steven Grant?

Sure. So why not center the show around the badass superhero than the whiny alternate personality? Or make Stephen Grant the cool rich guy.

200w.gif

Last edited:
CBM: Moon Knight (Disney+)/Morbius premieres Thurs

Marc has handed over to Stephen a few times already.

moon knight has issues as a tv show but i'm surprised that the dislike is so strong for some. i dig that they are trying to make different types of superhero stories. i don't want cookie cutter. obviously there is some of that in comic book media in general and mcu in specific. some will fall flat but i don't think any of the current d+ stuff has been a complete failure. i've enjoyed them all to varying degrees. i am definitely not as hard on them as some of y'all though. additionally, when my kids really like something i tend to give the creators a long leash b/c i enjoy watching them watch the movie/show. i think i've said that before. maybe more directed at the star wars movies because i see those as much more problematic at times.

I'm sure we'll get back to people punching other people through walls in short order. This time though, it is something different and I, as the kids say these days, am here for it.

I mean, I'm all for different portrayals of characters, genre bending, and experimentation in the MCU. I just don't think they did a particularly good job of it in Moon Knight.

I probably should finish it, though, before I keep whining about it.

There are two base characters and no superhero.

There are two base characters and no superhero.

yea i guess this my issue with the show

i'd love a show adapted from a superhero property that's all about matthew murdoch trying a case or clark kent getting deep into some investigative reporting, etc.

but you gotta execute it wayyyyyyyyyyy better than whatever this show is

again, i gotta stop whining and finish it

Back