• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Another reason the GOP is bad for America. Their answer to the problem is easier access to guns and restricted access to voting.

'This Is Not Who We Are,' Colorado Officials Say After Deadly School Shooting

.."This is not who we are," said Brauchler, who was also the prosecutor in the 2012 movie theater shootings in Aurora, Colo. He said he agrees with the governor — but that he's also concerned the violence could come to define the region for the rest of the country.

"Who we are is, we are a kind, compassionate, caring people," Brauchler said, "and this does not define us. It won't today. It won't tomorrow.

"These are aberrant acts. The problem is, when you get three, four or five of them within a 20-mile radius, you begin to think they're less aberrant. But I'm here to tell you, this is not who we are. Our school district is awesome, our school district is safe...

I think I get the attempt to reassure people and to try and define the community as its better self, etc.

But I find myself objecting, wanting to say..."no, this is who we are. But we want to be (wish we were) better."

Can we be better? Doesn't seem so in 'merica.

So in the past 12 days, we’ve had:

-another synagogue shooting
-the UNCC shooting
-Elementary school shooting

And all the other domestic, gang, etc violence that hasn’t made major headlines. 12 days. And republican pro lifers continue to value guns over life.

Same shit different day. Pathetic the grip that fear/NRA/“second amendment !” has over them.

especially when it seems like the NRA is in chaos because of how big of a POS org it is. yet still nothing is done.

Yeah seems like we’ve tried and failed at having ready access to all these guns. It’s failing just like trickle down fails, just like abstinence education fails, just like environmental deregulation fails, just like perpetual war in the ME fails.....

Can a gun nut please explain how the prospect of a shootout between a teacher and a student is somehow less terrifying than the status quo?

Can a gun nut please explain how the prospect of a shootout between a teacher and a student is somehow less terrifying than the status quo?

weird that you would be afraid of two americans enjoying the freedom of exercising their constitutional right

So in the past 12 days, we’ve had:

-another synagogue shooting
-the UNCC shooting
-Elementary school shooting

And all the other domestic, gang, etc violence that hasn’t made major headlines. 12 days. And republican pro lifers continue to value guns over life.

Same shit different day. Pathetic the grip that fear/NRA/“second amendment !” has over them.

That's not even one every day. What are you worrying about?

59767987_10156010931621993_6151559874263121920_o.png

Back