• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Regarding the Toomey Manchin bill, it went far beyond the simple poll about background checks that has been bandied about. The devil is in the details, which is why it failed, including DiFi's AWB amendment losing 60 to 40. I posted a link about it, seems like no one read it...

Where is the Republican background check bill?

elkman is seeing the black helicopters again.

BTW only conspiracy theory nuts fear a gun registry.

elkman is seeing the black helicopters again.

BTW only conspiracy theory nuts fear a gun registry.

Funny, I am going to learn about hitting moving targets. Orvis offers a class at Sandanona in Millbrook NY where I will be shooting clays...

Having a gun registry of all guns in no way stops a single, legal citizen from buying or keeping a gun.

To say it impacts the 2nd Amendment is insane. If you think of the wording of the 2nd Amendment having a registry actually buttresses the militia by being able to put together a better equipped group.

Then tell me Diane Feinstein has no need of a concealed carry permit.

I said nothing of the kind. Your post is total BS.

It would be like me posting. "I like bourbon".

And then you saying "Why don't you like turtle soup."

Your post has zero to do with what I posted.

Regarding the Toomey Manchin bill, it went far beyond the simple poll about background checks that has been bandied about. The devil is in the details, which is why it failed, including DiFi's AWB amendment losing 60 to 40. I posted a link about it, seems like no one read it...

LOL there's no way this is "why" it failed. I just read the whole thing. It explicitly says near the beginning as well that this shall in no way allow the establishment of a federal guns registry. Why do pro-gun people continue to say it just pertains to the Attorney General?

Politifact agrees: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...says-bipartisan-background-check-plan-outlaw/

Last edited:
The mean old NRA again. The bill only banned the AG/DOJ from making a registry. How about other organizations not under that umbrella?

Everyone else is already banned from making a registry. Isn't it already a federal crime to attempt to keep or make a gun registry?

Last edited:
Warning, it says on the site that you only get three free clicks per month before you have to pay for content, so don't click if you want to plan on reading the Pocono Record again in the near future.

Stroudsburg shooting victim says it was an accident

"We must have forgotten that we'd left the handgun loaded and on the bed," he said.

The gun was in the fold of the bed cover, by the pillows, and therefore not visible, Price said. He lay on top of it without being aware.

"I went to reach over toward the night stand to get something," he said. "That must have jerked the trigger, because that's when the gun went off."

Can somebody explain to me why these idiots need to have a gun in order to have a well regulated militia?

I would not give our president a pass on anything related to firearms regulations.

Regarding Manchin-Toomey...

1. It weakened the Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986, which states like NJ and NY regularly abuse.

2. It supposedly allowed those who have concealed carry permits to purchase and receive handguns outside of one's state of residence. One may already purchase handguns outside of one's state of residence, one just cannot take possession of said handgun at the time. The transfer must take place face to face in one's home state. How would Toomey-Manchin, a federal bill, deal with NY's 1911 Sullivan Act, or any state handgun permit requirements, such as those unique to NJ, NY, MA, IL, etc? Would those state laws such as the Sullivan Act be null and void? I live in NJ and have a cabin on 88 acres in NY, possess FL and UT concealed carry permits. However, I cannot take handguns I legally own to my own property in NY due to the Sullivan Act. Would Toomey-Manchin rectify that? I doubt it if Chuck Schumer was for it. And his initial contribution to the bill would have made it illegal for me to hand a firearm to my father-in-law at my house. How would that cut down on gun crime?

3. The fact that internet "sales" is even mentioned is utter BS. Firearms sales through the mail has been illegal since the Gun Control Act of 1968 (before Al Gore invented the internet), thank Lee Harvey Oswald for that. This is something that is very easy to look up.

Internet sales isn't the same thing as firearms sales through the mail.

I have to ask though. Do you think you should be able to just order a guy over Amazon and get it delivered to your front porch? Does the inability to do so encroach on your rights?

Do you think you should be able to just order a guy over Amazon and get it delivered to your front porch? Does the inability to do so encroach on your rights?

In case I did not make it clear enough, this has been illegal since the GCA of 1968...

I asked for your opinion on the law. I didn't ask for you to restate the law. Just because something is illegal, it doesn't mean there aren't people who want it to be legal.

Are you someone who wants it to be legal to get guns delivered to your doorstep like other items bought online?

Is that clear enough?

Last edited:
Internet sales isn't the same thing as firearms sales through the mail.

I have to ask though. Do you think you should be able to just order a guy over Amazon and get it delivered to your front porch? Does the inability to do so encroach on your rights?

Back