• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

I'm currently working on drafting a gun trust. Really interesting from a legal standpoint.

Don't know how much estate administration you do Cav (I don't do a lot of it, but my firm does), but firearms are some of the worst things for executors to deal with. There is a great outline from a SunTrust guy in the estate settlement department about all of the things that can go wrong for executors when dealing with firearms.

"We want to remind people without making a villain of this person, that if a child is visiting your home, the first thing to do would be put the firearm away."

Should it have already been put away?

Hopefully this villain will be charged. Who cares if it was an unannounced visit?

I'm not saying harsh punishments will help because sometimes stupid is just stupid. It just makes sense for someone like that to be charged for leaving a loaded gun out.

Meanwhile+in+Murica+_062f93860376eea9654d7c1a8db8eb13.jpg

By opposing background on those sales, you de facto support the sale of gun to felons and terrorists by private parties at home, in gun shows and out of the backs of their cars.

The paranoia that you and your masters create cause needless crime, deaths and injuries. You protect the criminals' to arm themselves.

It's as crazy as your position that limiting magazine capacity is unconstitutional. You want the 2nd Amendment to be taken literally except you need to stretch it to fit your batshit crazy idea.

Please show us where in Constitution magazines are mentioned.

The Heller and McDonald 2A cases use the phrase "in common use" many times. Are you saying that firearms that use magazines that contain greater than ten rounds are not in common use?

The magazine capacity of semiauto handguns is directly related to the size of the handgun and the cartridges it is chambered for. There is a reason that a 1911 in 45 ACP typically has a seven round magazine, and the same thing would apply to a Walther PPK in 380 ACP. However, a Browning HiPower in 9x19 (original design from 1935), or a Beretta 92 in 9x19, or a Glock 17 or 19, might have a 13 or 15 or 17 round flush fitting magazine is due to that. A handgun of the same size as those chambered for the 22 LR rimfire could hold twenty.

As far as calling me bat shit crazy, good on you. Same thing could be said for Diane Feinstein, as she keeps calling for a so-called AWB, but that part of Manchin-Toomey went down 60 to 40.

As far as background checks are concerned, I posted before that I would agree with what Tom Coburn proposed. To paint those opposed to the Manchin-Toomey bill, which contained many questionable sections, as opposed to background checks in general, is just being disengenuous...

In common use is about the weapons. Magazines are not mentioned.

You are easily among the three most extreme gun lobby apologists here.

In common use is about the weapons. Magazines are not mentioned.

You are easily among the three most extreme gun lobby apologists here.

Inclusive. I just find that people like Michael Bloomberg, who walks around with armed bodyguards, including when he goes to Bermuda, are complete hypocrites. As a law abiding citizen, I am bound to not take handguns I legally own to my cabin on 88 acres in NY simply because I am not a resident in that state, due to NY's 1911 Sullivan Law. Hopefully the case of Osterweil v. Bartlett will be taken up soon...

Mayor's of major cities have special needs.

Maybe if gun nuts hadn't sent so many death threats at Bloomberg he wouldn't need armed guards. But it's OK to threaten to kill someone in your world if they exercise their right of free speech to oppose your extremist positions.

So you are for state's rights when they suit your positions but not when they don't.

Mayor's of major cities have special needs.

Maybe if gun nuts hadn't sent so many death threats at Bloomberg he wouldn't need armed guards. But it's OK to threaten to kill someone in your world if they exercise their right of free speech to oppose your extremist positions.

So you are for state's rights when they suit your positions but not when they don't.

Do you mean the ricin that was not?

And really, you keep calling me an extremist? Two Sundays ago I was walking around with a 12g shotgun with about 100 other people at a sporting clays range, and nothing happened.

Last edited:
The Heller and McDonald 2A cases use the phrase "in common use" many times. Are you saying that firearms that use magazines that contain greater than ten rounds are not in common use?

The magazine capacity of semiauto handguns is directly related to the size of the handgun and the cartridges it is chambered for. There is a reason that a 1911 in 45 ACP typically has a seven round magazine, and the same thing would apply to a Walther PPK in 380 ACP. However, a Browning HiPower in 9x19 (original design from 1935), or a Beretta 92 in 9x19, or a Glock 17 or 19, might have a 13 or 15 or 17 round flush fitting magazine is due to that. A handgun of the same size as those chambered for the 22 LR rimfire could hold twenty.

As far as calling me bat shit crazy, good on you. Same thing could be said for Diane Feinstein, as she keeps calling for a so-called AWB, but that part of Manchin-Toomey went down 60 to 40.

As far as background checks are concerned, I posted before that I would agree with what Tom Coburn proposed. To paint those opposed to the Manchin-Toomey bill, which contained many questionable sections, as opposed to background checks in general, is just being disengenuous...

What a silly standard.

Six months later, are we any better off?

Not as long as elkman and his buddies put selling guns and accessories over the lives of Americans. Make no mistake that is the goal of the NRA. Anyone who thinks the NRA is about protecting anything other than the sales of the gun industry is naive.

Do you mean the ricin that was not?

And really, you keep calling me an extremist? Two Sundays ago I was walking around with a 12g shotgun with about 100 other people at a sporting clays range, and nothing happened.

wow, so proud you didn't shoot anyone. keep up the good work!

Back