• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Yeah, my daughter was like, "why do you keep turning the page after he tells you to stop. What's wrong with you?" So we never finished the book.

My kid giggles whenever Grover complains and says “Turn ALL the pages” so he is clearly a sociopath.

Had been rewarding the kid with a small marshmallow every time she peed in the toilet on her own. Now she has figured out how to withhold her urine so that instead of peeing once a night, she has peed very small amounts 7 times tonight. That’s a level of cunning that I never expected. We cut her off at the third marshmallow, and are now withholding verbal praise. We await her counter move.

Had been rewarding the kid with a small marshmallow every time she peed in the toilet on her own. Now she has figured out how to withhold her urine so that instead of peeing once a night, she has peed very small amounts 7 times tonight. That’s a level of cunning that I never expected. We cut her off at the third marshmallow, and are now withholding verbal praise. We await her counter move.

fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.u6.jpg

at this point in parenting, I feel like everything is just "well, whenever the kid decides to do the thing I want that's when it'll happen. I hope it's before high school"

at this point in parenting, I feel like everything is just "well, whenever the kid decides to do the thing I want that's when it'll happen. I hope it's before high school"

The 2yo is cool with peeing in the potty, but is scared to take a shit. So this means she just holds it as long as possible and then drops these neutron star dense turds in her drawers. She tries to hide from us when she's shitting herself, but the grunting is audible regardless of where she's at in the house. Apparently it requires a great deal of effort to push those things out.

We are pulling the trigger on a part time nanny starting tomorrow to watch our 2.5 year old while we work from home.

I’m ready for it to be really awkward having somebody watch him while we are in the next room.

Making my first foray into this thread, Mrs. Clutch and I are expecting twins this fall, they will be our first. Does anyone have any twins experience? Besides the obvious which is make sure they are twin inside linebackers with intimidating yet complimentary first names i.e. Mason and Dixon Clutch.

Congrats. My twins are 20 months. After the initial shock and getting them home healthy its the best thing you could imagine. What you wanna know?

Making my first foray into this thread, Mrs. Clutch and I are expecting twins this fall, they will be our first. Does anyone have any twins experience? Besides the obvious which is make sure they are twin inside linebackers with intimidating yet complimentary first names i.e. Mason and Dixon Clutch.

Congratulations and Godspeed.

Were they early? Did you let them sleep in the same crib, and for how long? I know you dont need two of everything, but what do you need two of? What was the gadget that saved your life? What do you wish you knew beforehand?

walker and texas ranger of course.

Were they early? Did you let them sleep in the same crib, and for how long? I know you dont need two of everything, but what do you need two of? What was the gadget that saved your life? What do you wish you knew beforehand?

- They had to be born at 36 weeks because they are identical, but they made it to the adjusted due date and we were very lucky not to need any NICU stay.

- We let them sleep in the same crib until we stopped swaddling them at night. The same crib made feeding easier for my wife and it actually seems to calm the babies to be near each other. My wife will swear by the double swaddle.

- You need two of the obvious things. Cribs, infant seats, high chairs. When they are babies you can get along with the sharing stuff much easier than once they develop toddler preferences.

- Getting a comfortable feeding operation down is key where mom can attend to both babies at the same time. You don't want to get them on alternating feeding schedules because you'll never get a break. That also means waking up a sleeping baby to keep them on the same schedule which just feels wrong but is a must. We actually had a twin bed in the nursery early on as the place from which the feeding operation occurred and it also gave mom a place to lay down. I'd also advise you consider getting a large sized loveseat (ours was a loveseat rocker) that can accommodate a parent with a babe on each side. You'll use it plenty later when they want to sit and read with you anyway. We loved the Leachco podster as a safe comfortable gadget for containing the babies before and after feeds just beside mom: https://www.amazon.com/Leachco-Pods...ocphy=9009567&hvtargid=pla-465492633251&psc=1

- I wish I had utilized two pack and plays earlier. It took me until they were 9 months to realize if I just always left a pack and play open in our main living space and one in the garage that I had a safe place to set the babies down during diaper changes, loading, and unloading. Earlier on we used their cribs for that and it gets old constantly moving two babies back into the nursery for any thing that comes up. In our case we also had a two year old which complicated the logistics and we couldn't leave babies unattended with him of course.

- Also, if you are having identical twins don't worry about being able to tell them apart. I was worried I'd mix up babies and had devised all sorts of techniques before they arrived to avoid that, but we have never had any trouble knowing who was who.

Last edited:
Back