• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

we got a new chicken finger place called Huey Magoo's that just opened here. who knew there was such a market for restaurants serving chicken tenders, crinkle fries, toast and sauce.
Hadn’t heard of this place so I just looked them up. Sounds like an exact copy of Raising Canes, which seem to be opening all over the place.

I read an article about 8-10 years ago that predicted the rise of chicken restaurants. I think about it all the time. I need to find it. That article really stuck with me at the time and it’s come true.

I saw Raising Canes was expanding to Atlanta which didn’t make a whole or of sense since we have Zaxbys.

Dropping this here (originally in the ct) bc I'm still a bit in shock for our friends having to deal with this.
---
Holy shit. Good friends have a kid with some emotional issues (13, overreacting, outbursts etc) great kid. Has had it a little tough, but he's in a private school able to help him.

The school confused two kids. One his friend who moved and a second that he does not know. He was told, incorrectly, by the school his friend killed himself over a breakup. They neither told his parents (our friends) up front nor had the kids right. His friend is ok but what the actual f. How do you do that?

@deaconson, that's fucked up and heads should roll for that one.

Re: picky eaters...our 6yo ate everything in front of her as a baby and toddler. Now, she's become incredibly picky. We battle it every day. On occasion she'll try something new and actually like it, but forget that two days later.

Dropping this here (originally in the ct) bc I'm still a bit in shock for our friends having to deal with this.
---
Holy shit. Good friends have a kid with some emotional issues (13, overreacting, outbursts etc) great kid. Has had it a little tough, but he's in a private school able to help him.

The school confused two kids. One his friend who moved and a second that he does not know. He was told, incorrectly, by the school his friend killed himself over a breakup. They neither told his parents (our friends) up front nor had the kids right. His friend is ok but what the actual f. How do you do that?
That’s rough and hard to deal with.

I moved when I went into middle school and my best friend from my former town committed suicide in the next year. It took me a while to not feel like if we hadn’t moved and I was still there, he wouldn’t have done that.

Just to make everyone here feel better about their food situation, I've mentioned previously that my son was diagnosed with diabetes when he was 21 months old. So that not only meant that we weren't able to use the "he won't starve himself" method, but also have to have a clean plate to make sure insulin dosage is correct. We had a notebook documenting every meal he ate from his diagnosis up until he was three and graduated to more advanced treatment. He is 5 now and things are better, but meal times are still often our biggest stress points.

The uppababy G-Link V2 stroller is pretty awesome for a double stroller. 40 inches in length when folded up, super light, lots of cargo space and according to my wife “it glides.” The boys are currently watching tv while sitting in it. It’s on its way to earning 5/5 Timmy’s.

The uppababy G-Link V2 stroller is pretty awesome for a double stroller. 40 inches in length when folded up, super light, lots of cargo space and according to my wife “it glides.” The boys are currently watching tv while sitting in it. It’s on its way to earning 5/5 Timmy’s.
What's a Timmy?

Back