• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

August, Jude, and even Walter made appearances on the baby name short list this week, but David is still the clear leader.

Heyyy Juuude

I even like the name Jude, but could never name a kid that because I'd sing it every. single. time.

I do like Walter/Walt a lot.

Walter (Walt) was my addition. Fucking Walt. Walt. awesome.

As I tossed it around in my head this weekend I remembered the giant bass that Henry Fonda's character in On Golden Pond was trying to catch, and eventually did, that he called Walter.

Heyyy Juuude

I even like the name Jude, but could never name a kid that because I'd sing it every. single. time.

We were reading some baby name lists and came across Jude and both liked it. I like J names (I'm John) and I like one syllable names because his last name will have three and the rhythm just works out better I think.

I love the song too of course, and it's Hebrew which has been a bit of a consideration but not huge.

We have talked about John/Jack and didn't want to do the father/son name thing. Jacob (Jake) was on the long list and somehow didn't survive I can't remember why not.

I like the name Walt in itself, but I kind of hate the trend of old man names (for our generation) becoming popular. Unless you're British, pass on Jude. Blame the song and Jude Law.

I love Jude- it was in consideration. Walter is a family name. My great-great-grandfather through my brother (and now my boy!) all have it as a first or middle name.

I like the name Walt in itself, but I kind of hate the trend of old man names (for our generation) becoming popular. Unless you're British, pass on Jude. Blame the song and Jude Law.

Same here, and same with old woman names. I think every other girl in my kid's class has some sort of "Grace" in her name, whether it is just Grace, or Ella Grace, or Maggy Grace, or Lilly Grace, or Grayson ... WTF. When I think of Grace I think of either my great aunt who smoked about 3 packs a day and sounded like she was speaking through a tracheotomy, or the old lady from Christmas vacation.

Your aunt sounds like she led a ripping life. How old was she? She made it to great aunt smoking 3 packs a day? fuckin rock star, I love her.

I didn't realize it was a trend. I thought the trend was to give them last name first names. At the school here they are all Dakota or Cooper or Landon or McKenna pretty much

I'm also a little down on old man names but I love the name Henry.

Back