• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

"Looks like your name isn't in stores. On the upside, you must have a really unique name."

If by "unique" they mean "on the top-10 list of girls names for the past century"... then yes, I do. So unique.

I just typed in every name of every living family member, and nothing.

I swear when I checked out the list a couple of weeks ago, there were 3 spellings of Jackson.

E is not listed but S is. I am too and Matt too ( though not Mett). I am pretty shocked about S.

Out of my immediate family (me, husband, child, parents, brothers) only 2 of 7 are on Cokes. And our names aren't that weird.

The coke names is a good lesson on what consultant groups will get you, some outside company crunched some things to determine a list of names that would cover all racial and religious groups so that nobody could claim they were offended when Latoya was left off.

The coke names is a good lesson on what consultant groups will get you, some outside company crunched some things to determine a list of names that would cover all racial and religious groups so that nobody could claim they were offended when Latoya was left off.

I thought you were kidding about Latoya being on there. The joke's on me.

4/4 for me, wife, and the kids. We are boring-ass people.

Old man names are so much better than the dumb new wave of Landons and shit.

Hey fuck you I have a Landon.

Okay that was harsh...

Actually I didn't know Landon was a popular name - I don't know any others, although there are a few athletes. Mine's 6.5 - did we get in ahead of the Landon curve?

I know a Landon too.

I know three Landons. My name is not on that list. I've also never met another person with my name so I didn't expect it to be on the coke list

"Looks like your name isn't in stores. On the upside, you must have a really unique name."

If by "unique" they mean "on the top-10 list of girls names for the past century"... then yes, I do. So unique.

I think it is a length issue? The nicknames for your name are on there.

That site's like the Bort episode of the Simpsons. Nope, no Lindsay but there's plenty of 'Linds' bottles to choose from!

ETA: Just wanted to toss a couple other gems from the Coke site: Maddy, Mayra and Yesenia (?) made the cut.

Last edited:
Back