• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

When I was there and last I heard, they take an equal number of students from every district. One of my good friends was from west of Murphy. I knew several people from the mountains who had never met a black person before.

Take the money it costs to build a new school and use it to expand NCSSM. Better use of resources (only one administration, better use of lab facilities, etc.)

The recent bills destroying basic voting rights and eviscerating gun safety, passed by the NC legislature, may have officially pushed NC to "worst governed state in the Union" status. They were already toeing the line (see: women's rights, the environment, and education), but I think you can call the game now. People will look back on this period as one of the most criminally idiotic, irresponsible, and damaging epochs in state governance history. It's just an avalanche of ignorant stupidity, wrapped in base greed. But, hey, at least now you can hunt with a silencer. Morons.

The recent bills destroying basic voting rights and eviscerating gun safety, passed by the NC legislature, may have officially pushed NC to "worst governed state in the Union" status. They were already toeing the line (see: women's rights, the environment, and education), but I think you can call the game now. People will look back on this period as one of the most criminally idiotic, irresponsible, and damaging epochs in state governance history. It's just an avalanche of ignorant stupidity, wrapped in base greed. But, hey, at least now you can hunt with a silencer. Morons.

It's like an intentional troll job at this point to see how far they can take it.

It's like an intentional troll job at this point to see how far they can take it.

One that might take decades the correct. Meanwhile, NC went from being grouped with VA, as a model of the productive New South, to being slid back into the abyss of national scorn. Great work, guys!

Tax cuts for gun ownership. Makes sense. They help perform essential police functions.

One that might take decades the correct. Meanwhile, NC went from being grouped with VA, as a model of the productive New South, to being slid back into the abyss of national scorn. Great work, guys!

They'll just pass criticism off as liberal elitist northerners picking on the south.

j4zSv.HiLa.138.jpg

--------
Dana Cope, executive director at the State Employees Association of North Carolina, noted the disparity in the cabinet raises with the treatment of rank-and-file state employees, who received a 1.2 percent pay bump this year, the first in four years. The governor received the same salary increase to $141,265.
Cope said McCrory’s pay hikes suggest that all state employees are paid below private sector rates.
“The employees who work for those executives are also underpaid,” he said. “I hope this is a rising tide that will lift all boats, not just the one with the captain in it.”
------------------

What does that even mean in this context?

--------
Dana Cope, executive director at the State Employees Association of North Carolina, noted the disparity in the cabinet raises with the treatment of rank-and-file state employees, who received a 1.2 percent pay bump this year, the first in four years. The governor received the same salary increase to $141,265.
Cope said McCrory’s pay hikes suggest that all state employees are paid below private sector rates.
“The employees who work for those executives are also underpaid,” he said. “I hope this is a rising tide that will lift all boats, not just the one with the captain in it.”
------------------

What does that even mean in this context?

Nothing. It's a statement made with the purpose of confusing the listener.

Back