• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

NC has a lot of large to decent sized cities, are there really enough crazies out there in rural areas and elsewhere to offset this shit? are all the country club Republicans in the Charlotte, Raleigh, and Greensboro burbs voting for Robinson et al?

Without a deep dive, on the surface it seems that there were over 200,000 Robinson/Cooper voters in 2020 and that is just wild to me (just taking the difference between # of votes Robinson got and the votes Forest got).

It’s also Lt governor which is about as close to a do nothing job as you can get around here, so I’d suspect not really a ton of effort going into that race in 2020 by Dems (or likely even GOP)

I really don’t understand the point of the position. Growing up in FL we never had that despite all the other craziness.

I should clarify that’s not unusual for med school and b-school faculty.

And Mark Robinson advocates that we return to showing kids "tough love" by "beating" them - “But how many of y’all know when you hold your young’un by one arm and beat them in a circle, because they were bad — how many of you know that’s love too?" And that's beat, not spank. He also won't say if he means that schools should return to this practice. Spanking kids in a circle on classroom cameras provided by Ms. Morrow, traditional family values in practice, for everyone to see live!

Now it's a meme being shared in rural MAGA circles. "Some of y'all haven't been held by an arm and beat in a circle. And it shows"

NC following FL in another dubious way:.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/education/article287765275.html

The UNC System Board of Governors’ University Governance committee approved a policy that repeals the university system’s existing policy and regulation on diversity and inclusion, which require each of the state’s 17 public campuses to employ diversity officers and work toward achieving diversity-related goals, among other requirements.

The committee passed the policy unanimously and with no discussion. The open-session portion of the meeting lasted about five minutes.

The new policy would eliminate those jobs — or, if a university wishes to keep the positions, it would be forced to remove the job’s ties to diversity. Campus centers dedicated to diversity would also likely be eliminated, though the policy allows universities to “implement programming or services designed to have a positive effect on the academic performance, retention, or graduation of students from different backgrounds.”

Back