• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

Guarantee that bastard has tried to crank it to Beyonce multiple times.

New Quinnipiac poll shows Republican Mark Robinson now trails Democrat Josh Stein by 8 points in the NC governor's race, 52-44%. If one adds in the third-party candidates, Stein still leads by a comfortable 48 to 41 percent. Making matters worse for Robinson, ABC News reported recently that Robinson failed to file federal income taxes for five straight years starting in 1998.

“…while Robinson has previously talked about his financial issues, bankruptcy records obtained by ABC News paint a more dire and detailed picture of his financial and business history than has previously been disclosed — including new details regarding how the potential future governor had failed to file his federal income taxes for five consecutive years starting in 1998." "The [ABC News] report goes on to note how the failures, along with Robinson’s three previous bankruptcy declarations and other tax problems, stand in stark contrast to his repeated and fiery statements about the need for North Carolinians to take responsibility for their own actions."

The race is far from over, of course. But at least there are some signs that Robinson is struggling as we move into the summer.

Link: https://ncnewsline.com/2024/04/11/troubled-waters-for-mark-robinson/

Honestly I would worry about turnout with a predicted blowout.

Also not paying taxes for half a decade makes him a more desirable candidate to the base.
People will turn out for another race, I'm sure.

New Quinnipiac poll shows Republican Mark Robinson now trails Democrat Josh Stein by 8 points in the NC governor's race, 52-44%. If one adds in the third-party candidates, Stein still leads by a comfortable 48 to 41 percent. Making matters worse for Robinson, ABC News reported recently that Robinson failed to file federal income taxes for five straight years starting in 1998.

“…while Robinson has previously talked about his financial issues, bankruptcy records obtained by ABC News paint a more dire and detailed picture of his financial and business history than has previously been disclosed — including new details regarding how the potential future governor had failed to file his federal income taxes for five consecutive years starting in 1998." "The [ABC News] report goes on to note how the failures, along with Robinson’s three previous bankruptcy declarations and other tax problems, stand in stark contrast to his repeated and fiery statements about the need for North Carolinians to take responsibility for their own actions."

The race is far from over, of course. But at least there are some signs that Robinson is struggling as we move into the summer.

Link: https://ncnewsline.com/2024/04/11/troubled-waters-for-mark-robinson/
Just a quick reminder that Roy Moore, who admitted to “courting” a 16 year old while he was in his 30s, lost his senate seat to Doug Jones, a guy who helped prosecute members of the KKK responsible for the Birmingham bombing, by 1%. It's impossible for me to ever feel comfortable when you have people living in an alternate reality.

Last edited:
That’s an example that there are/were enough common sense Republicans who care that it can swing an election. Without those allegations Moore wins easily.

It's also an example of why you can't feel comfortable in trusting voters, as Doug Jones was the one that should have won easily and didn't.

GOP Public Ed Superintendent candidate Michele Morrow wants cameras posted in all classrooms so parents can see what teachers are up to every moment of the class day. But she's blocking reporters who are trying to ask her questions on her social media sites. If she's elected it's going to be a nightmare for NC teachers and public ed in general.

Last edited:
And Mark Robinson advocates that we return to showing kids "tough love" by "beating" them - “But how many of y’all know when you hold your young’un by one arm and beat them in a circle, because they were bad — how many of you know that’s love too?" And that's beat, not spank. He also won't say if he means that schools should return to this practice. Spanking kids in a circle on classroom cameras provided by Ms. Morrow, traditional family values in practice, for everyone to see live!

GOP Public Ed Superintendent candidate Michele Morrow wants cameras posted in all classrooms so parents can see what teachers are up to every moment of the class day. But she's blocking reporters who are trying to ask her questions on her social media sites. If she's elected it's going to be a nightmare for NC teachers and public ed in general.

Yeah, I've said this before I think, but if she's elected I'm absolutely leaving the profession.

It's amazing to me that a person that obviously unhinged can beat an incumbent in the primary.

It's amazing to me that a person that obviously unhinged can beat an incumbent in the primary.
As a leftist public school teacher, if you had the power to indoctrinate students to your way of thinking, what would be most important for you? Letting them know Axe body spray is not a substitute for a shower?

Back