• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Redskins Name Change Thread

Colonial Athletic Association …

What is the origin of the Golden State Warriors mascot? Just a generic fighter?

Colonial Athletic Association …

What is the origin of the Golden State Warriors mascot? Just a generic fighter?

Was Native Americans. Now generic fighter.

I don’t know why people think we have to honor shitty behavior just because it’s part of our shitty history. Colonialist genocidal assholes don’t deserve to be celebrated.

I don’t know why people think we have to honor shitty behavior just because it’s part of our shitty history. Colonialist genocidal assholes don’t deserve to be celebrated.

Great post as per usual, Ph. It's a good thing you don't have influence over young people. Oh, wait. You are what passes for academia these days.

Let me know when there is an outcry to change San Diego State's mascot. I don't know why people think we have to honor a society that engaged in some real shitty behavior: brutally conquering their neighbors, wholesale genocide, sacrificing children by the tens of thousands, practiced cannibalism, cutting people's hearts out while they were still living, etc. At least they weren't white, so there's that.

Great post as per usual, Ph. It's a good thing you don't have influence over young people. Oh, wait. You are what passes for academia these days.

Let me know when there is an outcry to change San Diego State's mascot. I don't know why people think we have to honor a society that engaged in some real shitty behavior: brutally conquering their neighbors, wholesale genocide, sacrificing children by the tens of thousands, practiced cannibalism, cutting people's hearts out while they were still living, etc. At least they weren't white, so there's that.

Individual tribes seem to get a pass, Seminole, Chippewa, Utes, Blackhawks. I am just waiting for the uproar about the Fightin Irish and the Rajun Cajuns. Why are they so angry you ask? Alcohol!

Individual tribes seem to get a pass, Seminole, Chippewa, Utes, Blackhawks. I am just waiting for the uproar about the Fightin Irish and the Rajun Cajuns. Why are they so angry you ask? Alcohol!

as an Irishman, i think the fighting Irish is a rude stereotype of a drunken Irishmen. all the way down to being dressed as a leprechaun.

The Seminole tribe cut a deal with FSU awhile ago. I don’t know if other tribes have done the same.

Fightin Irish and Rajun Cajuns are based on pretty ugly stereotypes but Irish and Cajuns don’t seem to mind.

92, just because you personally admire genocidal enslavers doesn’t mean universities need to do so. That community decided to make a change. Are you a GW alumni? If so, take it up with them.

92 is the most offended poster on the boards. everything sets him off. nice uncalled for potshot at Ph, btw.

Colonials are literally colonists. I can't believe people listen to these morons, but considering that most of these decisions are made by like-minded academics, maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

Colonials are literally colonists. I can't believe people listen to these morons, but considering that most of these decisions are made by like-minded academics, maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

what do you think was happening on the land before colonists got there?

Conquest, war, genocide, slavery, mass human sacrifices, etc....

Yeah, but they offered life in sacrifice so that others could go on

So that makes it ok.

Hate was just a legend
War was never known
The people worked together
And they lifted many stones

Shitty history, PH? Please tell us all which nation's history you find preferable. Germany (I am the widower of a nice Jewish girl, so don't get me started)? Japan (ask the Koreans how fondly they recall being ruled by them)? China (millions killed during the "cultural revolution" and genocidal to the present day)? The UK (find some Indians who look back with nostalgia at their colonial rule)? Russia (no comment needed, even for a moron like you)? France (go talk to the Ethiopians)? I'm sure you'll find some country. There is a reason that people across the globe have been coming here for hundreds of years. My parents came here from Sweden with $7 in their pockets and made good. I grew up without two nickels to rub together, got a scholarship to Wake, then to Columbia Law, then made partner at a big NYC law firm where I practiced for 35 years. I love this shitty country, it gave my parents and family, and me, opportunities that we wouldn't have had anywhere else. It did the same for millions of others. So go fuck yourself, you miserable scum.

Shitty history, PH? Please tell us all which nation's history you find preferable. Germany (I am the widower of a nice Jewish girl, so don't get me started)? Japan (ask the Koreans how fondly they recall being ruled by them)? China (millions killed during the "cultural revolution" and genocidal to the present day)? The UK (find some Indians who look back with nostalgia at their colonial rule)? Russia (no comment needed, even for a moron like you)? France (go talk to the Ethiopians)? I'm sure you'll find some country. There is a reason that people across the globe have been coming here for hundreds of years. My parents came here from Sweden with $7 in their pockets and made good. I grew up without two nickels to rub together, got a scholarship to Wake, then to Columbia Law, then made partner at a big NYC law firm where I practiced for 35 years. I love this shitty country, it gave my parents and family, and me, opportunities that we wouldn't have had anywhere else. It did the same for millions of others. So go fuck yourself, you miserable scum.

lol

No surprise a Stratton is an entitled asshole ready to defend genocide and racism. So Ph doesn’t have to, “fuck off!” piece of shit. Why don’t you tell Ph what a wonderful history our country has that led to his family being here. Go ahead, tell us.

Back