• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

Prometheus is better than Aliens.

Full ranking:

Alien
Prometheus
Aliens

Alien: Covenant

Alien 3

Alien vs Predator
Alien Resurrection

Alient vs Predator: Requiem

Prometheus is better than Aliens.

Full ranking:

Alien
Prometheus
Aliens

Alien: Covenant

Alien 3

Alien vs Predator
Alien Resurrection

Alient vs Predator: Requiem
Prometheus IS underrated. I also feel the Director's Cut of Alien 3 is as well.

Jerry Stiller was funnier as Arthur Spooner in King of Queens than he was as Frank Constanza in Seinfeld.

Last edited:
Steve Forbes will not restore Wake BB to its former glory (and I hope I'm wrong about this).

We have one final four in program history. Some amazing moments in the ACC tournament and some great NBA alums but...true glory is yet to come. I'm just glad the era of unwiped ass has concluded and there's some hope now.

Unpopular opinion:

Labrador Retrievers suck. They're dumb as rocks, they shed heavily, they're clumsy in the house and break things, and they are so inbred they are prone to an endless list of high priced maladies. Labs just suck. Get something smarter and healthier in the canine world to pal around with.

Best dog I ever had was a cross between a Golden Retriever and German Shepherd. Beautiful, smart, easy to train, great temperment, healthy. Literally, the best of both breeds. Google Golden Shepherds.

you watched King of Queens?

For sure. I am a bit of a sitcom junkie. I have watched TAGS, Mary Tyler Moore Show, MASH, WKRP, Taxi, Cheers and Fraiser from start to finish at least 3 times each. Wings, Seinfeld, King of Queens and HIMYM twice. Bob Newhart Show, Alice, What's Happening, All in the Family, Rhoda, Coach and Rules of Engagement once.

I don't think the production is anything special, but the content is compelling enough to hold up on its own

I think the way that it’s organized moving back and forth between the timeline is a well done way to tell a story that many of the viewers know and lived through.

For sure. I am a bit of a sitcom junkie. I have watched TAGS, Mary Tyler Moore Show, MASH, WKRP, Taxi, Cheers and Fraiser from start to finish at least 3 times each. Wings, Seinfeld, King of Queens and HIMYM twice. Bob Newhart Show, Alice, What's Happening, All in the Family, Rhoda, Coach and Rules of Engagement once.

Which did you like better - Bob Newhart Show or Newhart? Loved his guest appearances on Big Bang.

2 things :

"Alice" has more episodes on tape than Seinfeld. that's fucking bonkers.

2 - if you're wondering - coach has claimed more than 112 human 24 hour days of his life watching popular sitcoms (not including the commercials !)

my Kingdom for a Home Improvement.....

Which did you like better - Bob Newhart Show or Newhart? Loved his guest appearances on Big Bang.

Wow...tough call. Really loved Bob Newhart Show. The first couple of seasons of Newhart were great...once he had his own talk show I became meh. Also, the Peter Scalari and Julia Duffy characters became more prominent than Bob to some degree.

2 things :

"Alice" has more episodes on tape than Seinfeld. that's fucking bonkers.

2 - if you're wondering - coach has claimed more than 112 human 24 hour days of his life watching popular sitcoms (not including the commercials !)

my Kingdom for a Home Improvement.....

Haha...I travel ALOT for work. So I watch sitcoms on the plane and, if there are no good sports on, in the hotel at night. Very relaxing.

Something about Tim Allen doesn't click with me. Same with Everybody Loves Raymond...just can NOT watch that show.

Something about Tim Allen doesn't click with me. Same with Everybody Loves Raymond...just can NOT watch that show.

I despise Tim Allen. Even when Home Improvement came on when I was a kid, I saw him and had a visceral instant dislike.
And now that he's been revealed as a huge Righty douche in real life, I find him completely insufferable. The only thing I've ever liked that he's been in is Galaxy Quest and that is completely despite him being in it.
Everybody Loves Raymond was basically a show where every character was a horrible person. That kind of show is okay for awhile, but the writing has to always stay at the peak for it to last. 'Raymond' got big basically because no one watched it's first few years and then it caught a break in that NBC, ABC, and Fox suddenly didn't have anything up against it in the timeslot. So people started watching it.

I despise Tim Allen. Even when Home Improvement came on when I was a kid, I saw him and had a visceral instant dislike.
And now that he's been revealed as a huge Righty douche in real life, I find him completely insufferable. The only thing I've ever liked that he's been in is Galaxy Quest and that is completely despite him being in it.
. That kind of show is okay for awhile, but the writing has to always stay at the peak for it to last. 'Raymond' got big basically because no one watched it's first few years and then it caught a break in that NBC, ABC, and Fox suddenly didn't have anything up against it in the timeslot. So people started watching it.

What was horrible about Deborah and Robert? Flawed? Sure, but not horrible. Even the Seinfeld characters were openly flawed.

Back