• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

What was horrible about Deborah and Robert? Flawed? Sure, but not horrible. Even the Seinfeld characters were openly flawed.
Eh, they were "horrible" in the sense that if I personally had to spend anymore than five minutes around them, I'd be climbing the walls.
Robert was a horrible mensch and Deborah you could tell that IRL, would be a total Karen if given half a chance.

Eh, they were "horrible" in the sense that if I personally had to spend anymore than five minutes around them, I'd be climbing the walls.
Robert was a horrible mensch and Deborah you could tell that IRL, would be a total Karen if given half a chance.

For me it was the way Deborah spoke to Ray, treated Ray, criticized Ray, glared at Ray, etc. She was always exasperated, rarely happy or loving towards him, and generally a wet blanket. She was the Skyler White of sitcoms.

For me it was the way Deborah spoke to Ray, treated Ray, criticized Ray, glared at Ray, etc. She was always exasperated, rarely happy or loving towards him, and generally a wet blanket. She was the Skyler White of sitcoms.
Like I said, Deborah was a Karen.

Prometheus is better than Aliens.

Full ranking:

Alien
Prometheus
Aliens

Alien: Covenant

Alien 3

Alien vs Predator
Alien Resurrection

Alient vs Predator: Requiem

Prometheus kind of reminds me of Westworld in the sense that it's trying so hard to be complex and multi-layered that it forgets to actually be good.

I'm not saying it's bad - I always stop when I see it on cable - but I wouldn't put it above Aliens.

Haha...I travel ALOT for work. So I watch sitcoms on the plane and, if there are no good sports on, in the hotel at night. Very relaxing.

Something about Tim Allen doesn't click with me. Same with Everybody Loves Raymond...just can NOT watch that show.

Although hanging out with Peter Boyle could be hilarious.

On your travels, how about M*A*S*H? It holds up unbelievably well.

There's an old quirky sitcom called Soap. I wonder if it's available to stream.

Although it's not a sitcom, Moonlighting does have some comedy and is about an awful pair of stars.

Prometheus is better than Aliens.

Full ranking:

Alien
Prometheus
Aliens

Alien: Covenant

Alien 3

Alien vs Predator
Alien Resurrection

Alient vs Predator: Requiem

i don't hate this ranking, but i'd put more space between alien and the other two

the original is one of the best of all time

Prometheus kind of reminds me of Westworld in the sense that it's trying so hard to be complex and multi-layered that it forgets to actually be good.

I'm not saying it's bad - I always stop when I see it on cable - but I wouldn't put it above Aliens.

Agreed. I would also put Alien 3 ahead of Covenant.

I might give Prometheus another try based on this thread, but I’m sure I will never say it’s better than Aliens

I would say Prometheus had a PERFECT trailer. Watch it again and tell me you’re not PUMPED

I despise Tim Allen. Even when Home Improvement came on when I was a kid, I saw him and had a visceral instant dislike.
And now that he's been revealed as a huge Righty douche in real life, I find him completely insufferable. The only thing I've ever liked that he's been in is Galaxy Quest and that is completely despite him being in it.

maxresdefault.jpg

I might give Prometheus another try based on this thread, but I’m sure I will never say it’s better than Aliens

I would say Prometheus had a PERFECT trailer. Watch it again and tell me you’re not PUMPED

I can tell that it’s not a great movie, but I irrationally love watching it. It definitely needed an editor and a script doctor.

Every girl in her teens/20's named Katherine/Catherine, if she has not already done so, needs to refer to herself as "Kat/Cat" going forward.
And polka dots on mailboxes and vertical "Welcome" signs on front porches and door stoops will be the rage throughout the 2020's.

Kat definitely sounds hotter than Katherine. Related note, women with guy’s names: super hot.

I don’t think that’s unpopular though.

Kat definitely sounds hotter than Katherine. Related note, women with guy’s names: super hot.

I don’t think that’s unpopular though.

I can't think of Kat and not think of Julia Stiles in 10 Things I Hate About You. Not sure if this is unpopular, but Julia Stiles was not hot. Fine actress though #feminism

A tattoo you get in your 20's will look even better in your 60's. If you don't believe me, take a stroll thru your local WalMart.

When i was growing up in the 80s-90s i knew some boy Jordans but now it seems to be a girl's name

Back