• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

is it unpopular to say that plain potato chips suck?

only exception is housemade chips with something good to dip into.

I agree, plain chips with no dip are a shit snack for the most part.

interesting that dipping a deep fried - but not totally crispy - potato (french fry) into ketchup is loved almost universally, but dipping a potato fried to complete crispness (potato chip) into ketchup elicits incredulity. they're both greasy fried potatoes, there is no real major difference in these flavor combinations, only crispness. The mustard is an optional add-on for kick. Try it, it's good :noidea:

It is more effective to floss first, then brush, then rinse. Seems that you would want to remove any lodged food, as well as loosen any bacteria forming into plaque and/or tartar between the teeth first, then hit the teeth with fluoride and the brush to finish off the cleaning of the enamel, then the final rinse with mouthwash or whatever.

It is more effective to floss first, then brush, then rinse. Seems that you would want to remove any lodged food, as well as loosen any bacteria forming into plaque and/or tartar between the teeth first, then hit the teeth with fluoride and the brush to finish off the cleaning of the enamel, then the final rinse with mouthwash or whatever.

Plus you have no idea how bad your breath can actually be unless you floss before brushing.

Is this unpopular? This is how I’ve always brushed my teeth and I’ve never considered doing it differently.

When the media or govt. uses a map to show differences among states, counties, countries, etc., it's much better to use close shades of a single color rather than distinctly different colors. For example, there are 100 counties in North Carolina, and if you're going to show which counties are majority registered Dem, Repub, independent or unaffiliated, it's much easier to discern if you use a different shade of say grey for each, vs. something like a white, blue, red and green.

My dental hygienist always brushes my teeth first and then flosses them.

My wife has been a hygienist for over 20 years. When doing self-care, she has no consistent practice when it comes to brushing/flossing order.

My wife has been a hygienist for over 20 years. When doing self-care, she has no consistent practice when it comes to brushing/flossing order.

I imagine this is how this went down at the tagsfan home on Labor Day.

tagsfan: "Hey babe, when you clean teeth, do you floss then brush or brush then floss?"
mrstagsfan: "No real preference. Why do you ask?"
tagsfan: "Some guy on the internet named 'WakeandBake' flosses first and thinks that's unpopular but some other guys are telling him it isn't."
mrstagsfan: "Umm...ok."

I imagine this is how this went down at the tagsfan home on Labor Day.

tagsfan: "Hey babe, when you clean teeth, do you floss then brush or brush then floss?"
mrstagsfan: "No real preference. Why do you ask?"
tagsfan: "Some guy on the internet named 'WakeandBake' flosses first and thinks that's unpopular but some other guys are telling him it isn't."
mrstagsfan: "Umm...ok."

Nailed it. She doesn't really get this board.

According to my wife, you guys are my “cronies”.

Definitely I floss after brushing, then rinse.

I’ve had hygienists do it either way over the years. But never floss both before and after brushing. That’s sweet right there.

my wife likes to make fun of me doing a fantasy football league on a message board.

Back