• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Mother's Basement HOT STOVE Offseason Thread

wieters just mashes at the trop, doubt they'd go intra-division though

Wieters has failed to hit as projected. Think the O's fear that he will bust out as soon as he is traded.

he has a slow bat. don't know how that was missed. he doesn't really walk as much as i thought he would. i remember him facing price in minors having 10-11 pitch at bats. can't hit vs righties either either.

So who is Bill Ballou? He had Trout 7th! on him mvp ballot.

that's awesome. she looks like every cuban grandma i've ever met. tehy are sooooo short.

Jose Fernandez’s grandmother is adorable. Also, I feel like the story of Fernandez saving his mother’s life doesn’t get nearly enough play.

(I could’ve done without Jeffrey Loria’s big dumb face, though.)

Play Index request: Can someone tell me who was leading MLB in Wins at the All-Star Break this year? Or is there a way to do that with regular baseball reference?

You can get the first half from Fangraphs:

Link

That says it is through July 16th, which was the date of the All Star game.

Oh, Ruben.

Ruiz re-signing with the Phillies. 3 year deal worth $26 million, limited no-trade clause, and a 4th year option.

Being a Wake / Phillies / Flyers fan involves putting up with an incredible amount of brutal decision-making. Time to jump on the Sixers bandwagon, I guess.

(I do love Chooch, though, that's just a stupid contract.)

Josh Johnson signs a one year deal with the Padres, which gives him many games in Petco, AT&T and Dodger Stadium to build up value for a bigger contract next year.

In other news, Josh Johnson had an 18.5% HR/FB rate last year.

lots of talk on the twitter machine about a Prince - Kinsler trade

So Boras-client Fielder could block a trade to all but 10 teams, and Heyman breaks the story. Haha.

Miggy back to first?

So Boras-client Fielder could block a trade to all but 10 teams, and Heyman breaks the story. Haha.

Miggy back to first?

I'm surprised. I would've never thought that he would have been trader. Nor that he was even being floated around. They've gotta be getting more than just Kinsler, right?

Back