• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top 3 Choices

FWIW - Nova insiders aren't particularly worried about losing Wright. There are concerns present about the nBE in light of Buzz bailing, but no one thinks Wright is seriously considering a move. One thing to keep an eye on is he has wanted a redone Pavillion (Nova's home arena) for a while and nothing has been done.

Last year you were in the elite hoops conference in the country, now you are in a diminished secondary conference which had to add 3 mid majors to fill out. The biggest rivalry is 'nova v. G'town. You are in a non-football conference so your completely dependent on hoops revenue.

I'm guessing that's why Buzz left for 'greener' pastures at VT. Wright may be a 'nova guy but his conference is now more of a mid-major conference that can't be attractive.

If we don't get Wright somebody else will in the next year or two. The Big East is flaming out.

RJ was very much BzIn for 2+ years.

I wouldn't consider him being BzIn. I remember him being open to the thought and believed he deserved a chance to succeed. I was in the same boat as him year 1 and by year 2 I was seeing absolutely no improvement (AZ State game in the Disney tourney was my break point). To me being BzIn means you were a full on supporter.

Last year you were in the elite hoops conference in the country, now you are in a diminished secondary conference which had to add 3 mid majors to fill out. The biggest rivalry is 'nova v. G'town. You are in a non-football conference so your completely dependent on hoops revenue.

I'm guessing that's why Buzz left for 'greener' pastures at VT. Wright may be a 'nova guy but his conference is now more of a mid-major conference that can't be attractive.

First, I graduated from Wake, so you can stop with all of the "you are."

Next, the Big East by almost all metrics was the 3rd or 4th best conference this year in what was a down year for gtown/Marquette. Will the Big East be the ACC? No. Is it the WCC? No.

Why no mention on this thread of Masiello? He's a realistic option that i'd take over White, Amaker, or Howland.

Can someone explain to me the fascination some have for Masiello. He'd be a distant fourth for me on the list above. Just don't see him being a fit with WF at all.

Also, Nova's position has stabilized reliable to the last three years not the opposite. Most Nova people feared a far worse outcome than this conference (which has it's choice of A10 teams if it wants to expand). The fear was staying in a mixed fball/bball conference with the likes of Houston and UCF as Louisville and UConn bailed.

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me the fascination some have for Masiello. He'd be a distant fourth for me on the list above. Just don't see him being a fit with WF at all.

Have you watched him coach or his team play?

First, I graduated from Wake, so you can stop with all of the "you are."

Next, the Big East by almost all metrics was the 3rd or 4th best conference this year in what was a down year for gtown/Marquette. Will the Big East be the ACC? No. Is it the WCC? No.

Jeez, 'you are' as in 'Wright was', not you personally. Do I really need to explain that?

Separately, IMO the Big East was so highly rated riding on the back of Creighton's great season. Get past 'nova and Creighton and you've got a bunch of teams that were decent but not exactly top tier this year. Small conference with a bunch of average teams, with only Butler and DePaul under 500. Looks good for the conference ratings but it doesn't provide long term depth for the NCAA.

Jeez, 'you are' as in 'Wright was', not you personally. Do I really need to explain that?

Separately, IMO the Big East was so highly rated riding on the back of Creighton's great season. Get past 'nova and Creighton and you've got a bunch of teams that were decent but not exactly top tier this year. Small conference with a bunch of average teams, with only Butler and DePaul under 500. Looks good for the conference ratings but it doesn't provide long term depth for the NCAA.

I'm not saying the Big East as it's currently constructed is a powerhouse. It isn't and won't be the ACC/BIG/big12. But the structure is there to be a solid conference that has substantial revenue via Fox's contract for schools who don't have football programs. Plus St Louis/Dayton/VCU etc would trip over themselves to accept an invite, which is all just to say that I don't think it's "falling apart." I think it's actually rather stable right now and will be fine as a conference, the question that is relevant though isn't the stability, it's whether a "good" conference is what someone like Wright wants to remain in. I would be surprised if he left but I also was pretty shocked to hear about Buzz so who knows.

Last edited:
As Pitino said the other night, Masiello is more like him than any of the other products of his tree.

The guy would be an absolute slam dunk of a hire. Fuck the haders.

Back