• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top 3 Choices

Is it considered a given that Amaker would even take the WF job?

And he's waiting for what? The Duke job? Hold on to that dream. He dabbled in the Big10 and that sucked. He'd take Tobacco Road in a NY minute. I'd bank money on that. He's not on my A list but he'd fit and he would take the job.

Money is still a consideration. For the right guy the assumption is donor money would bridge the gap. But paying 2-3 million isn't the slam dunk many on here think it is.

VTech changed that for us today.

Imagine if we hadn't lost $80K/game this season. We'd be flush in cash for Shaka. Fuck you, Ronnie.

Amaker:

Cons:
- dookie
- Seton Hall couldn't sustain the success they had
- Michigan struggled there

Pros
- he's a dookie - I'd think if there is a coach that could prepare their team to play in Cameron it would be an ex-player. Probably won't take crap from K either
- He's winning NCAAT games with an ivy league school. Maybe they have a recruiting advantage to get better players into the Ivy League, but it's still the Ivy League
- If he can find players good enough to come to Harvard and win ACC games, he'll find wake a breeze
- Bobby Knight went to Ohio State, made his mark at Indiana. Not saying Amaker is Knight, but that there are ex-players that have no problem beating their former team.

Anyone that thinks he wouldn't leave the Ivy for the ACC in a heartbeat is crazy. He's probably in the Ivy since it was his chance to resurrect his career. BC or Wake, really?

VTech changed that for us today.

I want to send a deep felt thank you to VT for ponying up and hiring Buzz. That was the game changer. Wellman's ego is NEVER going to let VT one up him this year. Not after the last four years. We are in a beautiful position. I wouldn't be surprised if Graylyn is Shaka's new residence with a helicopter pad constructed in the field and a Gulfstream idling at Smith Reynolds Airport.

Drunk prediction...

We will announce Shaka on March 29th.

I'm good with that. I think there is a 70% chance he is our next coach. We have the resources to make it happen. And he'll love living at Graylyn.

Where is this optimism coming from. I guess I need to get drunk

It's not complicated. The coaching slots in the ACC are filling up. The Big East is going down in flames. There aren't any good positions opening up out west. So, if you are the head coach of VCU that just lost to a Texas school nobody heard of three weeks ago what do you do? You take the call, listen to the man, demand big money and a jet and relocate. Simple.

Amaker:

Cons:
- dookie
- Seton Hall couldn't sustain the success they had
- Michigan struggled there

Pros
- he's a dookie - I'd think if there is a coach that could prepare their team to play in Cameron it would be an ex-player. Probably won't take crap from K either
- He's winning NCAAT games with an ivy league school. Maybe they have a recruiting advantage to get better players into the Ivy League, but it's still the Ivy League
- If he can find players good enough to come to Harvard and win ACC games, he'll find wake a breeze
- Bobby Knight went to Ohio State, made his mark at Indiana. Not saying Amaker is Knight, but that there are ex-players that have no problem beating their former team.

Anyone that thinks he wouldn't leave the Ivy for the ACC in a heartbeat is crazy. He's probably in the Ivy since it was his chance to resurrect his career. BC or Wake, really?

By what you have here, he can win at a mid-major and is good at that. He's not good at winning in a major conference. I really think that candidates like Amaker are not even a consideration because of the VT hire, so any discussion of Amaker, Mooney, Miller, et. al. is moot.

It's not complicated. The coaching slots in the ACC are filling up. The Big East is going down in flames. There aren't any good positions opening up out west. So, if you are the head coach of VCU that just lost to a Texas school nobody heard of three weeks ago what do you do? You take the call, listen to the man, demand big money and a jet and relocate. Simple.

Or you stay at VCU, which is a decision you've made repeatedly

Or you stay at VCU, which is a decision you've made repeatedly

That is a possibility. I will give you that. Maybe he wants to stay there forever. But his stock is never going to get higher. He could go to Washington State I suppose.

Amaker, Archie Miller, White? I feel like everyone is taking crazy pills. I want no part of any of them. If VaTech can land #BuzzSaw then we have to go for the #SPLASH! It's Shaka, Marshall or Howland.

Back