• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top 3 Choices

tsywake

Sheikh of Smoke
Staff member
Reaction score
From a reliable source. Amaker, Howland, and Smart.

There they are. Make it happen.

Obviously there are more preferable choices than others.

Discuss the merits of all three together. Go.

Amaker has done well at Harvard. I was at Michigan when he was coach there. What a lifeless team. Not impressed.

Would obviously prefer either Shaka or Howland to Amaker, but if that's their list, it's a pretty damn good one.

Dew it Ron.

Need SFA to come back and win so he can get to work.

Smart, Howland, Amaker. In that order. Would prefer the list to be Shaka, Shaka, Shaka, but I'm glad to see he is on the list.

Howland is proven, Smart is the most flashy and invigorating but also proven, Amaker is a good coach if he can find the right fit.

Not getting SHaka. Have you looked at his last 2 recruiting classes......4 four stars......why leave?

Smart, Howland, Amaker. In that order. Would prefer the list to be Shaka, Shaka, Shaka, but I'm glad to see he is on the list.

Yep.
Would like to replace Amaker with Miller. Kind of surprised Wellman doesn't seem to like Archie.

WHO IS THE SOURCE I DONT BELIEVE PM PLEASE NOW KTHX

What are probabilities of hiring belonging to each?

I assume the Howland would be the most accessible?

Obviously Shaka is worlds above the other two.

Both Amaker and Howland have shown they can succeed and also have shown they can fail, but Amaker has had recent success after early failure, Howland the opposite.

Was this before or after the Buzz Williams news? Have to think Howland is going to Marquette.

My fear is that Shaka goes on a run in the tourney, Howland gets tired of waiting, then Wake ends up with a third tier coach.

All would be fine, but there is an absurd gap between Shaka and the other two

Back